Czech Republic - Tram services over obscure routes
- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Liberec: DPML
- 1.2 Olomouc: DPMO
- 1.3 Ostrava: DPO
- 1.4 Praha: DPP
- 1.4.1 Vozovna Střešovice West - Brusnice East
- 1.4.2 Vozovna Střešovice East - Brusnice West
- 1.4.3 Výtoň South to East
- 1.4.4 Nádraží Braník
- 1.4.5 Sídliště Modřany - Levského
- 1.4.6 Lotyšská - Dejvicka
- 1.4.7 Prašný most - Dejvicka
- 1.4.8 Palmovka North to East
- 1.4.9 Palmovka West to North
- 1.4.10 Nademlejnská - Stary Hloubětín North
- 1.4.11 Střelničná East to North
- 1.4.12 Otakarova North to East
- 1.4.13 Otakarova East to South
- 1.4.14 Horky - Nuselská radnice
- 1.4.15 Anděl South to West
- 1.4.16 I P Pavlova West to South
- 1.4.17 Zvonařka
- 1.5 See also
Some tram systems advertise their depot workings and enable one to ascertain the regular use by passenger-carrying services of junctions or sections of line that do not otherwise see public service. This occasional series lists such services that have come to notice. While the data for each system is current at the date stated, it is not the intention to endeavour to keep every entry up to date at every service change - the listing serves as a guide for travellers as to the sort of services they can look out for, enabling them to check current published timetable material at their time of travel.
To assist in tracing services, the route and/or timetable number for each journey is shown in parentheses, e.g. (1). Days of operation are in English notation (respectively: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, S) - plus "O" for only, "X" for excepted. Su (Sundays) usually includes public holidays in mainland Europe - but check locally.
Listings for other systems throughout the world - in the same format as shown below (please include date of timetable validity) - will always be welcomed.
Advertised journeys in timetables as at 1 September and 17 December 2016.
South-west curve and part of depot branch at Rybníček
Depot workings from and to the western (Horni Hanychov) end of routes 2 and 3. Departure times from the Depot Access Road are marked at Rybníček with note T ("departs from stop on Tatranské ulice"); towards the Depot from Nádraží are marked note R ("runs only to Rybníček stop").
1. Westbound departures from Rybníček, Tatranské ulice stop: 04:09 (2) 04:18 (3) 04:38/59 05:54 (2) 06:14 (3) 06:41 (2) 19:43/58 (3) SSuX OR 04:14 (2) 04:32 (3) SSuO
2. Eastbound departures from Nádraží: 00:48 (3) 08:00/29 (2) 18:16 20:01 23:03/18 (3) SSuX OR 20:16 23:03/18 (3) SSuO. It has been noted that these workings, particularly those after 23:00, may run early.
South-east curve and part of depot branch at Rybníček
There are numerous Depot workings inbound from Fügnerova on routes 3, 5 and 11 marked in the timetable with note R ("runs only to Rybníček stop") but as there is a stop of this name before the junction it is not known if it is possible to travel to the identical stop name on the Depot Access Road used by trams terminating via the south-west curve entries above. The times at Fügnerova are
Route 3: 00:39 08:16 16:58 17:30 18:19 19:07/19 23:03 SSuX 19:48 23:07 SSuO
Route 5: 06:11/26/41/56 07:11/26/41/56 08:11 13:11/26/41/56 & repeat until 19:26, 21:15 22:35 23:13 SSuX 02:45 17:56 21:15 22:35 23:13 SSuO 18:26/41 SO
Route 11: 01:10 17:03/18/33/48 18:03/18 20:03 23:18 SSuX 21:21 SO 23:18 SSuO
Routes 5 and 11 with limited exceptions run beyond Fügnerova to the Depot or Viadukt so what was the previous deleted Connecting Line TSUL entry is the norm, it is the loop that is now rare. There are no advertised workings to/from the depot on/off the loop; it is only scheduled in the anti-clockwise direction with associated curves.
Westbound departures from Mlýnská inbound to loop:
1. Route 11 in timetable dated 1.9.2016 at 00:13 daily, 01:08 SSuX, 01:13 SSuO 02:13 SSuO, 22:50 Daily
Eastbound in Jablonec direction departing from stop on loop
1. Route 11 at 00:20 Daily, 01:20 SSuO and 23:20 Daily
2. Route 5 in timetable dated 17.12.16 at 02:20 SSuO
As at July 2016 no unusual line use identified
As at July 2016
Kolonie Jeremenko and connecting line to Nadrazi Vitkovice
All Route 6 journeys which operate rush hours only SSuX, and not at all in the Summer school Holidays. In 2016 no service between 3 July and 27 August inclusive
Vystaviste - Elektra
This East to north curve had timetabled journeys on a visit in 2014, but no evidence of continued use in July 2016
Most Mladeze south to west
This appears to be a newish curve and was in use in July 2016 by route 15, a Vysokovice - Debina service
As at July 2016. PDF's for all stops on each route to check latest information can be found at 'http://jrportal.dpp.cz/jrportal/LineList.aspx?mi=4&t=2' If this Link does not take you to the list of routes, click on "tramwaje" on the left hand side
Vozovna Střešovice West - Brusnice East
The connecting line between Routes 1,18,25 and Route 22 has no regular use and has triangles at each end. The line and above combination are used by Historic Route 91 on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays from 25 March until 17 November 2016. These depart Vozovna Střešovice hourly between 12:02 and 17:02 and from Brusnice East at 13:32 until 17:32. Special tickets only, 35CZK from the Conductor.
Note this service also travels a loop in the yard outside the front of Vozovna Střešovice Depot on arrival, and terminates at Výstaviště Holešovice where there is a large loop. It is suspected the latter cannot be travelled as Arrivals are at 36 and departures at 00 and it is not possible to travel the loop on normal Route 17 terminators.
Vozovna Střešovice East - Brusnice West
- The following Route 22 Journeys from Bílá Hora to Vozovna Vokovice have timings up to Brusnice but none for Pražský hrad or Královský letohrádek implying they use the connecting line and opposite combination of curves from Route 91 described above, plus Prašný most - Dejvicka. They depart Pohořelec at 17:52, 18:22, 18:51, 19:55, 20:40, 22:15, 23:25, 23:41 and every 10 minutes until 00:21, 00:36 & 00:51 SuX
Výtoň South to East
- Route 17 from Levského with departures from Podolská vodárna at 19:05, 19:28, 23:32, 23:42, 23:59 and every 10 minutes until 00:39, 00:48, 00:54 SSuX
- Route 3 terminating here uses a ground level loop accessed by a 0.5km line branching off the route to Sídliště Modřany which has a halt of the same name alongside but at a higher level.
Sídliště Modřany - Levského
- All Route 17 [plus Route 3 in SSuX rush hours] from Praha terminate at Sídliště Modřany, but all departures are from Levského which is 0.5km further at the loop exit and out of sight over an incline.
Lotyšská - Dejvicka
- Route 8 journeys from Nádraží Podbaba to Vozovna Vokovice departing Lotyšská at 09:42, 20:09, 00:00, SSuX & 00:20 & 00:40 Daily.
- Route 20 journeys from Nádraží Podbaba to Vozovna Vokovice departing Lotyšská at 09:35, 20:34, 21:20 SSuX, 20:56 SO, 20:26, 00:29 SuO & 23:49, 00:09 Daily.
Prašný most - Dejvicka
- Route 1 journeys from Sídliště Petřiny to Vozovna Vokovice departing Prašný most at 09:50, 19:47, 21:18, 21:41, 22:26 SSuX, 20:21 SSuO, 21:21, 21:36 SO, 20:06 SuO, 01:06 Daily.
- Route 18 journeys from Sídliště Petřiny to Vozovna Vokovice departing Prašný most at 09:56, 20:25, SSuX and 23:37, 23:56, 00:16, 00:36 Daily.
- Route 25 journeys from Vypich to Vozovna Vokovice departing Prašný most at 10:08, 21:41, 21:58 SSuX and 20:40, 21:10, 21:26 Daily.
Palmovka North to East
- Route 10 journeys from Sídliště Ďáblice to Vozovna Hloubětín departing Palmovka North at 19:40, 22:27 SSuX, 21:12 SSuO & 01:04 Daily
Palmovka West to North
- Route 25 journey from Vypich to Vozovna Kobylisy departing Palmovka at 20:15 SSuO
Nademlejnská - Stary Hloubětín North
- Route 25 journey from Vypich to Vozovna Hloubětín departing Nademlejnská 20:36 SSuO. Note Nademlejnská is a request stop so it may be advisable to board earlier to avoid confusion.
Střelničná East to North
- Route 10 journeys from Střelničná to Vozovna Kobylisy at 09:13, 10:13, 18:55, 20:03, 20:17, 20:32, 21:39 SSuX & 22:52, 23:32 SSuO & 23:51, 00:11, 00:31 Daily
Otakarova North to East
- Route 13 arrivals from Černokostelecká use this curve to access the Náměstí Bratří Synků loop
Otakarova East to South
- Route 7 journeys from Černokostelecká to Vozovna Pankrác departing Otakarova East at 20:50, 21:32 SSuX
- Route 24 journeys from Kubánské náměstí to Vozovna Pankrác departing Otakarova East at 20:11, 00:08 SO, 20:23, 22:20 SO
Horky - Nuselská radnice
- Route 11 journeys from the southern terminus to Vozovna Pankrác. In July 2016 the route south of Pod Jezerkou was temporarily closed and at that time they were scheduled from Horky at 00:15, 00:30 Daily
Anděl South to West
- Route 7 journeys from Radlická to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 20:13, 20:33, 20:53, 21:13 SSuX, 20:37 SO, 20:31, 22:13, 22:31 SuO & 00:19 Daily.
- Route 12 journeys from Sídliště Barrandov to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 10:15, 20:37, 22:43 SSuX 23:12 23:14 SO & 23:56, 00:16, 00:36 Daily
- Route 14 journeys from Sídliště Barrandov to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 21:57, 00:11 SSuX, 20:06, 23:06, 23:10 SO & 20:14, 20:47, 21:06, 22:36, 22:56, 23:16, 23:57 SO
- Route 20 journeys from Sídliště Barrandov to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 09:48, 20:43, 21:45, 00:29 SSuX, 22:24 SO, 21:31 SuO & 00:06, 00:46 Daily
I P Pavlova West to South
- Night 56 is normally the only route scheduled to use this curve but as at July 2016 Temporary route 36 was also running via this curve to reach the nearby terminus at Zvonařka.
This terminus is off line of route and there is no loop with any arrivals in service into street 1, trams reversing out of service into street 2, and departing to first pick up at a stop before the lines separated.