Denmark - Lines with Obscure or Sparse passenger services
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Obscure services
- 2.1 Lemvig – Lemvig Havn
- 2.2 Hundested – Hundested Havn
- 2.3 Fredericia avoiding line: Middelfart (Snoghøj) – Taulov
- 2.4 Valby avoiding line: Dybbølsbro – Ny Ellebjerg – Høje Taastrup (Hvidovre Fjern)
- 2.5 København Østerport - Lersøen (- Bispebjerg)
- 2.6 København Airport avoiding line: Tårnby - Hyllie (Peberholm)
- 2.7 København S-Tog
- 3 Other sparse services
- 4 Deletions since previous edition
- 5 See also
This list is based on the timetable dated from 11 December 2016 to 9 December 2017 . Standard abbreviations are explained in General Information. Map references for each route entry are given in parentheses ( ). References prefixed "ERA" refer to the European Railway Atlas Nordic Region, Regional Series 2016, by M.G.Ball.
Lemvig – Lemvig Havn
(Vemb-Lemvig-Thyborøn Jernbane: Midtjyske Jernbaner) (ERA 14A3, not shown) DK17/1
The line into the main station continues as a steeply-graded branch to the harbour, with a reversal en route. A tourist service with preserved railbuses has operated in the summer between the main station and a quayside platform.
The BjergBanen website is at present under construction. However, following the grant of money by Lemvig town council, it is hoped the line will operate in 2017.
Other seasonal services over freight lines are to be found in Danske Veterantog each year.
Hundested – Hundested Havn
(Frederiksværkbanen: Lokalbanen A/S) (ERA 15B5, not shown) DK17/2
Some but not all Frederiksværkbanen train services continue approximately 0.5 km to the Hundested Havn station, connecting with an hourly vehicle passenger ferry to Rørvig. The Rejseplanen journey planner does know about this service, but for some reason refuses to suggest it when connecting with the ferry and instead advises a walk from Hundested. The trains can, however, be found if you explicitly select "Hundested Havn st." as an endpoint (or even, perplexingly, "Hundested Havn (færge)"). Train times can also be found on the ferry company's timetables. Note that there are seasonal variations.
Fredericia avoiding line: Middelfart (Snoghøj) – Taulov
(ERA 14B2) DK17/3
This east to west curve between the main line from København and routes to Esbjerg and the German frontier, is used by trains between København/Odense and Esbjerg/Kolding not calling at Fredericia and also by:
|E||SX||IC230||København H – 01:20 Middelfart – Hamburg Hbf|
|E||SO||IC1130||København H – 01:06 Middelfart – Hamburg Hbf|
|E||SX||IC231/104||23:42 Hamburg Hbf – København H|
|E||SO||IC1131||23:57 Hamburg Hbf – København H|
Valby avoiding line: Dybbølsbro – Ny Ellebjerg – Høje Taastrup (Hvidovre Fjern)
(ERA 15C1) DK17/4
This connection is the initial phase of the future high speed line between København and Ringsted, and part of the Kalvebod – Hvidovre Fjern freight bypass. Click on the thumbnail for a full size map but note the western junction splits either side of a flyover on the line towards København H via Valby.
It is used by the following services:
- The half hourly regional trains between Østerport and Ringsted booked to call at Ny Ellebjerg.
- EC trains from Hamburg to København H except EC35 (Høje Taastrup dep 18:06). (Trains from København H to Hamburg run via Valby).
|SSuX||4910||Holbæk – 07:47 Høje Taastrup – Østerport|
København Østerport - Lersøen (- Bispebjerg)
(ERA 15C2, not shown) DK17/5
This freight line diverges east from the København H - Helsingor main line, dives under it at Nordhavn and runs parallel to the passenger tracks through Svanemollen and Ryparken before joining the Hellerup - Ny Ellebjerg S-Tog line north of Bispebjerg station.
This line has been used by the “Rundt om husene” (round the houses) steam specials run by Nordsjællands Jernbaneklub, which do an anti-clockwise circuit starting and finishing in København H, calling at Østerport, Nørrebro and Flintholm. No dates of operation are available yet for 2017. See their Rundt om husene med Veterantoget page for information.
København Airport avoiding line: Tårnby - Hyllie (Peberholm)
 (ERA 15C1, not shown) DK17/6
The two platform main line runs through København/CPH Lufthavn station below ground level, with an avoiding line at ground level to the north of the station. From 4 January 2016 to 29 January 2017 the avoider was used, initially by all SJ XJ2000 or DSB Ystad [for Bornholm ferry] services due to congestion caused by the forced change of train on other services with the re-introduction of border control checks. SJ services eventually did call and use by January 2017 had reduced to just the towards København ex Ystad services.
But note that the Oresund Border Controls web page states that "from Sweden to Denmark there are no border or ID controls but if a train would be very late to Kastrup it can happen that we have to do first stop in Tårnby instead of at Kastrup. This means that you should can take a train back to Copenhagen Airport. We are working to minimize this happening". These trains would therefore run via the avoiding line but this situation will of course occur only by chance.
[Leaflets] (ERA 15C1, not shown) DK17/7
There are numerous splits of route on various lines, some of which are substantial. They are all grouped together from north to south to assist travellers wanting complete track coverage:-
- [Klampenbourg] - Charlottenlund – Hellerup: The southbound route is a large loop and totally separate
- [Hillerød] – Gentofte – Hellerup: East and westbound take totally separate routes
- [Farum] – Ryparken – Svanemøllen: Towards Farum takes a diveunder
- West from Kobenhavn H is on the north side of substantial turnback/stabling sidings
- Towards Kobenhavn H from Carlsberg goes underneath the Køge line
- From Valby towards Høje Tastrup dives under the Frederikssund line
- A very unusual split level station at Rødovre where the track towards Høje Tastrup is parallel but at least 10 metres higher
- The track towards Høje Tastrup from the penultimate station of Tastrup drops under an access line to a sizeable S-Tog Depot
- On the Køge line the south and northbound tracks at Hundige go either side of a S-Tog Depot
Additionally on DSB the Helsingør line northbound goes on a separate line to the east side of Nordhavn Depot
Other sparse services
Deletions since previous edition