Difference between revisions of "Poland - General Information"
(→Re-openings: 2012 re-openings updated)
|Line 195:||Line 195:|
* 140 On Saturdays until 25
* 140 On Saturdays until 25 one train from Krakow to via the normally freight-only lines via Nowy
* 255 Luban to Zgorzelec and to Zgorzelec Miasto
===Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 12 December 2010===
===Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 12 December 2010===
Revision as of 17:23, 8 November 2012
- 1 Country Name
- 2 State railway system
- 3 Language
- 4 Currency
- 5 UIC code
- 6 Timetable
- 7 Maps
- 8 Ticketing
- 9 Gauge
- 10 Electrification
- 11 Rule of the road
- 12 Other Railways
- 13 Tourist Lines
- 14 Metro
- 15 Trams
- 16 Recent and future changes
- 16.1 Future Changes
- 16.2 Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 11 December 2011
- 16.3 Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 12 December 2010
- 16.4 Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 13 December 2009
- 16.5 Changes with the timetable commencing 14 December 2008
- 16.6 Changes during the 2008 timetable period
- 16.7 Older Changes
- 17 Special Notes
- 18 See also
State railway system
Polskie Koleje Panstwowe SA (PKP) is the controlling entity for the PKP Group.
National Railway Operator
PKP Intercity is responsible for long-distance passenger transport.
Przewozy Regionalne, formerly PKP Przewozy Regionalne, is responsible for local and inter-regional services. Przewozy Regionalne was a wholly owned subsidiary of the PKP Group until 22 December 2008, when the shares were transferred to the 16 regional governments.
PKP, Polskie Linie Kolejowe is responsible for infrastructure maintenance and timetabling.
numeric 51; alpha PL.
rozklad-pkp.pl/ then click on "EN" (or "DE" for German) in the character string PL | EN | DE at the right hand end of the first line.
www.przewozyregionalne.pl/rozklad-jazdy.html then click on "Zestawienie tabel Sieciowego Rozkładu Jazdy Pociągów" at the bottom of page. This brings up a page containing a list from which the required table can be selected. However, many amendments are made during the timetable period and even these timetables may not be entirely up to date: travellers are strongly advised to check up to date timings on the Journey Planner.
Up to date changes and cancellations are given at www.przewozyregionalne.pl/rozklad-jazdy.html then click on "Zestawienie zmian do SRJP" at the bottom of page. This brings up a list of alterations by date.
Sieciowy Rozkład Jazdy Pociągów published annually. Many amendments are issued during the timetable period so travellers are strongly advised to check updated timings on the Journey Planner.
Additional Notes on reading the Timetable
|(A)||Working days except Saturdays i.e. SSuX|
|(B)||daily except Saturdays, i.e. SX|
|(C)||Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, i.e. SSuO|
|(D)||Mondays to Fridays except holidays, i.e. SSuX|
|(E)||Mondays to Saturdays except holidays, i.e. SuX|
|(F)||runs when advertised or required|
|(G)||runs until further notice|
|"I" in the middle of the train column||the train passes through this station without stopping|
|"(" in the middle of the train column||the train does not pass through that station but instead takes a different route|
|Do||until or to|
|do odwołania||until further notice|
|Gł., Główny||main station|
|Od||from or since|
|Oraz||As well as|
|po, z, ze||from or after|
|po ogłoszeniu||[from] when advertised|
|p.odg. (posterunek odgałęzny)||junction|
|Wąsk. (wąskotorowa)||narrow gauge|
|Na odcinku ……. ruch pociagów zawieszony do odwołania||On the section…. no scheduled trains until further notice|
Train numbers prefixed A are worked by bus.
www.przewozyregionalne.pl/w-regionach.html. Drill into the part of the country wanted and then select “Aktualności”.
The Rozkład jazdy autobusów PKS website offers a number of options including:
- Ogólny rozkład jazdy autobusów PKS (Bus journey planner)
- Rozkład jazdy autobusów PKS według miast (Bus information by city)
- Rozkład jazdy komunikacji miejskiej według miast (Links to transport authority sites by city)
- The "Mały Atlas Linii Kolejowych Polski 2011” is a soft backed very detailed 1:300000 map comprising 102 pages and with notes in Polish, English and German published by Wydawnictwo Eurosprinter (ISBN 978-83-931006-3-7). The unusual lines and future changes sections include references to pages in this atlas e.g. M2011-R14.
- European Railway Atlas: Scandinavia and Eastern Europe by M.G. Ball (1993) (ISBN 0-7110-2072-4)
- European Railway Atlas by M.G. Ball (2008 onwards)
- The PKP timetable is accompanied by a separate map with enlargements of Warszawa and Katowice. It distinguishes electrified, narrow-gauge and broad-gauge lines. Some lines and curves with no service for a number of years are still shown.
- Thorsten Büker's Map of Poland
- Maps and Plans - Poland
- A detailed map of the network is available on the PKP website. However, it should be used with caution as some curves are omitted and it is somewhat out of date, with many lines now impassable, closed or lifted still shown.
PKP offers a number of network tickets which offer good value, although travellers need to take care differentiating between PKP Inter City and Regional services. The Polrail travel website provides information in English. A good ticketing site PKPP (Podróż Koleją Po Polsce) provides extensive details in Polish, including a comprehensive list of network type tickets.
Some major stations are equipped with machines offering an extensive range of tickets (including some network tickets), and which accept coins, notes and credit and debit cards.
The main line network is Standard. In addition 394 km of a 1520mm gauge freight-only "Linia Hutnicza Szerokotorowa" (Broad-Gauge Steel Line) between Sławków near Katowice and Vladimir in Ukraine is in Poland but this is not shown on any timetable map. The LHS has a separate website lhs.pl which includes interactive maps and photographs, was formerly part of PKP and known as the "Steel and Sulphur Railway". A suggested extension into the Czech Republic would not appear to be going ahead. Other broad gauge tracks cross into Poland on routes from the Ukraine, Belarus and Kaliningrad.
Main line electrification is 3 kV dc.
Rule of the road
The last PKP operated Narrow Gauge scheduled passenger trains ran in July 2001 but a private Company SKPL, [Stowarzyszenie Kolejowych Przewozów Lokalnych] still timetable two pairs SSuX [except school holidays] service on a 4km part of ex PKP line 317 from Pleszew PKP to Pleszew Miasto. In Autumn 2012 it was believed the afternoon pair were suspended until further notice due to lack of financial support from the local government and the SKPL website appears unavailable so timings were located on http://www.narrowrail.net/pleszew/
The DB subsidiary Usedomer Bäderbahn opened a 1.5 km extension from Seebad Ahlbeck Grenze to Świnoujście Centrum in Poland on 20 September 2008. Built mainly on a reinstated formation, there are plans to extend back into Germany to Garz Airport. There will be no physical connection to the PKP network which is on the opposite side of the River Odra.
See Gauge for details of the "Linia Hutnicza Szerokotorowa" (Broad-Gauge Steel Line).
A number of ex PKP narrow gauge lines, and also ex Forestry Railways such at Cisna, Czarna Białostocka, Hajnowka and Płociczno offer tourist or charter services.
The current status of narrow gauge lines in Poland can be ascertained using the interactive map at:-
Rail cycling is possible on a number of lines; see the IG Draisinenfahrten website. Click on 'International', followed by 'Draisinenlinks' to obtain website details under the heading 'Draisinenstrecken in Polen (PL)'.
Any further information on tourist line operations would be welcomed.
Warszawa. Two extensions opened in 2008, from Marymont to Słodowiec on 23 April, and onwards to Młociny on 27 October so Line 1 is now 23km long. The construction of an East - West line with two branches on the east-side of the city is underway with the route already shown on a website map, with possibly a third short line to the south-east inner suburbs later.
Bydgoszcz, Częstochowa, Elbląg, Gdańsk, Gorzów, Grudziądz, Katowice area [no longer including Gliwice as this part of the system was closed on 31 August 2009], Kraków, Łódź, Poznań, Szczecin, Toruń, Warszawa, Wrocław.
Recent and future changes
The newly public passenger Airport near Lublin which opens on December 17 2012 will be served by a new 2.2 km electrified branch with a service from Lublin Główny via Lublin-Północny and Świdnik-Miasto (ERA79B4, M2011-F12).
520 Szczytno - Wielbark may reopen in January 2013 with two pairs a day for workers to an IKEA Factory in addition to a rumoured service to a revitalised Szymany Masuria airport for the Olsztyn conurbation but also to serve the surrounding Lakes Region (ERA75C3,76A3, M2011-B9).
Szczecin-Goleniów Aiport will get a new 4 km branch with a triangle on/off line 370 between Goleniów and Mosty stations which is scheduled to open 29 June 2013 (ERA74A3, M2011-B1,B2).
Construction of a curve avioding Czerwiensk some 2.6 km long, connecting 333 from Zbaszynek to 355 towards Zielona Góra, started in May 2012. Commissioning is scheduled for June 2013, and is hoped to save some 20 minutes for Poznan - Zielona Gora services not reversing via Czerwiensk. (ERA74B1, M2011-E2).
Lubelskie Voivodship has signed a contract for the supply of three two-car DMUs, one of which is ordered for a part re-opening of ex 551 towards Łuków from Lublin to Lubartów. The first unit is due to be delivered in April 2013 and other two by the end of September but the line reopening date is not known.
151 It has been suggested the Tychy Lodowisko service may be extended 8km to Bierun Stary to assist Car plant workers commute.
230 Kłodsko Miasto to Kudowa Zdrój reopening went to Tender but as costed at 67M Zł it remains to be confirmed.
The freight branch serving Warsaw Modlin Airport is being improved to commence a passenger service in 2015 once an underground station at the Terminal is built.
There are also plans to serve Gdańsk Airport by 2015 but it is not clear if this will just be a branch off the Koscierzyna line or an additional reinstatement/part new build continuing right through to the Gdańsk – Tczew main line.
Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 11 December 2011
- 116 Przeworsk avoider lost its service at the TT change but resumed later [see below]
- 170 Tarnowskie Gory – Zawadzkie - Fosowskie
- 250 Lwówek Ślaski – Zebrzydowa
- 315 The Timetable printed pair between Zduńska Wola and Konin were cancelled before commencing so no passenger use of the West to North 200/315 curve at Zduńska Wola, nor the South to West 300/315 curve at Ponetów. No service also on the intermediate section until the Dated IR “Burstyn” was timetabled on 315 direct from Chorzew Siemkowice to Inowrocław which only ran over the May Day weekend and from 7 June until 24 June when it was cancelled
- 323 Jarocin - Kakolewo
- 350 Głogów - Leszno
- 365 The Piła - Wałcz service was suspended from 21 February 2012 owing to lack of funds. Services through to Kalisz Pomorski resumed on 1 September 2012 although this was originally due to occur on 1 June 2012
- 365 Kalisz Pomorski - Kalisz Pomorski Miasto officially closed on 31 August when the Piła – Kalisz Pomorski - Szczecin service resumed although the service had been bustituted from some months before
- 384 Sławno – Darłowo
- 390 Wągrowiec – Rogozno service bustituted from 4 February 2012, then later totally withdrawn
- 421 Aleksandrów Kujawski - Ciechocinek
- 440 the one pair of summer only SSuO direct pair between Lipowa Tucholska and Bąk were in the timetable but are not believed to have run in 2012
- 452 One service from Pszczolki to Gdańsk Głowny ran for a few months early in 2012 via Gdańsk Olszynka [reverse] on the freight line to Gdańsk Port Polnocy
- 601 Łodz Widzew - Zgierz
- 102/175 Rakow - Czestochowa Stradom by southbound seasonal overnight
- 102/175 Poraj - p odg. Kucelinka - Czestochowa Stradom by the northbound of the above overnight
- 105 aka Line 163 Sosnowiec Maczki - Sosnowiec Kazimierz South to West by a limited service between Krakow and Katowice booked to call at Sosnowiec Poludnie
- 109 No intermediate stations but Starzyny to Koniecpol reopened as the journey planner shows services that must use this route from other calls
- 115 Ostrowiec Swietokrzyski – Sandomierz
- 116 Sandomierz – Grebow
- 123 Horyniec - Hrebenne Zdroj (seasonal)
- 140 On Saturdays until 25 February 2012 one train from Krakow Gł to Tarnów ran via the normally freight-only lines via Nowy Huta
- 141/149 pair of overnights between Katowice – Krakow diverted via Oświęcim N to E curve from 24 June 2012
- 151 Tychy Miasto station closed and line extended to Tychy Lodowisko on 1 September 2012
- 175/320 Herby Stare – Herby Nowe curve used by the same pair of seasonal overnights as 102/175 above
- 255 Luban Slaski to both Zgorzelec and via the direct curve to Zgorzelec Miasto. Two services westbound and four eastbound serve BOTH Zgorzelec stations so need to run halfway towards Görlitz to reverse on the main line in passenger service. These show more clearly on 260
- 265 One train runs via Line 757 which connects the Legnica and Głogow lines with the junction outside the closed station of Wrocław Świebodzki
- 300/315 p odg. Zamkow - p odg. Boryslawice the E to N curve between Kłodawa – Lipie Góry
- 310/601 Warsawa – Wroclaw TLK trains took line 539 avoiding Łodz Kaliska from 1 March until 31 May, calling at a reopened Łodz Chojny instead
- 315/430 Inowroclaw Rabinek – Jaksice, the 8km Inowroclaw avoider
- 365 Piła – Wałcz service suspended on 21 February to save costs before Piła – Wałcz – Kalisz Pomorski – Runowo Pomorski reopened 1 September
- 453 3.5 km of the old Gdańsk Nowy Port branch reopened on 3 May 2012 to serve the new PGE Arena station at Gdańsk Stadion Expo. It is on the site of the previous Kolonia Gdańsk station
- 503a summer service only ran from Elbąg to Tolkmicko 1.7 – 19.7.12
- 505 Braniewo - Kaliningrad service shown as resuming 27.5 until 2.10.12
- 552 Late Summer weekend Chelm – Wlodawa service from 11.08 - 7.10.2012
- 120/555 Zamosc - Zielona Gora TLK pair diverted via the Przeworsk avoider from 3 September
- 602 the short as opposed to the long Lowicz Głowny avoiding curve was scheduled from 1 June until 15 October 2012 by diverted Wrocław - Łodz – Warsawa services
- 606/608 Warszawa Golabki – Warszawa Gdanska One SKM SSuX morning service takes this freight line rather than heading into Central Warsaw stations
- 607 The new 1.5km branch from Warszawa Slusewiec to Warsaw Lotnisko [Airport] Chopina opened 1 June 2012
- 609 Tłuszcz - Wieliszew reopens again with limited SKM Depot runs to/from Tłuszcz and the Sierpc line running in passenger service.
- 613 Warszawa p odg Jagiellonka - p odg. Targowek and Michalow – WWT – Warszawa Rembertow are used by a Warszawa Gdańska – Kiev service, first/last stop Piława
Other notable events
- Warsawa Wola station became known as Warsawa Zachodnia Platform 8 from 20 May 2012
- The long planned “Y” of high speed lines linking Warsawa with Poznan and Wrocław were cancelled on cost grounds
Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 12 December 2010
The section was not updated for the 2010/11 timetable period.
Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 13 December 2009
- 105 Part Bukowno to Jaworzno Szczakowa on 1 September 2009 when TLK pair withdrawn
- 114 Tomasźow Mazowiecki – Skarźysko Kamienna train services withdrawn on 31 July 2009 and partially bus substituted as it crosses a Regional Boundary
- 123 Horyniec Zdroj - Hrebenne bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 125 Tarnobrzeg – Dębica Local trains from 9 August and Posp services from 1 September 2009 all bus substituted
- 126 [Part 125 in Quail]: Rzeszów – Kolbuszowa bus substituted from 13 August 2009
- 136 Nowy Sącz – Nowy Sącz Miasto service withdrawn 31 August 2009
- Part 147 Skoczów - Bielsko Biała Główna local trains withdrawn with only IC service summer dated, so no service from 2 September 2009
- Part 154 Chybie – Zory service withdrawn 1 September 2009
- 235 Nysa - Kamieniec Zabkowicki service withdrawn 1 September 2009
- 249 Legnica – Jerzmanice Zdroj service withdrawn 30 August 2009
- 252 Lubań Śląski – Zgorzelec service withdrawn 31 August 2009
- 300/315 The East to South curve from Zamków to Ponetów had a daily passenger service from 17 December 2008 to 9 January 2009 only
- 300/360 the Warsawa – Szczecin pair via the Poznań northern freight ring were diverted to call at Poznań Głowny from 1 March 2009
- 355 Summer only service via Rzepin avoiding line cancelled before running
- 431 Part Brodnica – Dzialdowo bus substituted 2 September 2009
- Part 514 Mikołajki – Ełk service withdrawn 31 August 2009
- 554 Rejowiec - Zawada / Zamość - Hrebenne bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 556 Stalowa Wola Pld. – Zwierzyniec bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 557 Bełzec – Zwierzyniec – Zamosc bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 608/613 Timetabled summer only pair via P odg Warszawa Gocławek – P odg Warsawa Antoninów rerouted before running in 2009
- 100/109 A pair of IR trains introduced via curve between Żelisławice and Włoszczowa Poludnie [FO out, MO return] so use resumed on 4 September 2009
- 204 Wrocław Psie Pole – Trzebnica branch reopened 20 September 2009
- 403 Szymankow - Nowy Dwór Gdański limited dated service by Arriva PCC from Malbork between 4 July and 29 August to link with preserved NG line
- Part 415 Kwidzyn - Grudziądz from 1 March 2009
- 420/430 Bydgoszcz Wschód - Maksymilianowo A pair of summer only overnights were diverted via this route from 19 June 2009
- 604/605 The 1.8km connecting curve from Czachówek Poludniowy - Czachówek Wschodni is used by four pairs of trains from Warszawa Wschodnia - Góra Kalwaria [one continuing to Pilawa] from 1 June 2009
The introduction of Schengen controls from 1 January 2008 lead to the reinstatement of cross border rail services with the Czech Republic and a FSSuO Trutnov [CD] - Lubawka - Sędzisław - Jelenia Gora summer only service duly commenced on 4 July 2008. Kořenov ČD to Szklarska Poręba Górna is also planned to reopen in 2010. In addition PKP/CD/ZSR locomotives now work deeper into neighbouring countries, for example the previous passenger loco changes at Petrovice u Karvine have been relocated to Bohumin in the Czech Republic. In recent years some Regional Authorities have invested in new or second hand Railbuses/EMU’s and line reopenings currently believed to be under consideration are :-
- 126 [Part 125 in Quail] Kolbuszowa - Ocice
- 223 Wrocław Głowny – Świdnica Miasto [blank in 2009 timetable and has not yet commenced]
- 230 Krosnowice Kłodzkie – Stronie Śląskie
- 333 Czerwieńsk – Guben [DB] timetabled for 1 June 2009 but deferred
- 358a Guben [DB] – Lubsko - Żagan
- 365 Kalisz Pomorski to Wałcz
- 381b Lipusz - Bytów
- 386 Świdwin to Połczyn Zdrój
- 416 Part Kowalewo Pomorskie to Golub Dobrzyn
- 503a Elbląg – Braniewo [summer only reinstatement proposed]
- 515 Pisz - Ełk
- Gdansk Zaspa – Gdansk Airport - Kartuzy
Passenger services are also proposed on previously freight only lines:
- Komorów to Prusków on the separate and privatised Warsawa Surburban Railway WKD.
- Warsawa Słuzewiec – Okecie Airport [with new parts built underground]
With Poland being joint hosts of the 2012 European Football Championships with Ukraine there were plans for Katowice Airport to be connected to the PKP network but this has now been cancelled, and a temporary passenger service on the Broad gauge LHS was suggested but now thought unlikely as the stadium in Katowice was not selected. Many main stations are also planned for refurbishment with Warszawa Centralna requiring closure of the approach tunnels with most long-distance trains diverted to Warszawa Gdanska for two years. Work to adapt Gdanska was planned to be completed by December 2009 but appears delayed.
Public consultation has commenced for the planned KDP (Koleje Duzej Predkosci) “Y” of new High Speed Lines connecting Warsawa, Łodz and Kalisz with Poznan and Wroclaw with a target for completion in 2019. For this Lódz Fabryczna would be rebuilt as an underground station on a cross-city tunnel to Kaliska station for through-running onto the line to Zgierz to the north with tracks going into tunnel from Łódz Widzew.
Changes with the timetable commencing 14 December 2008
- 106 Koniecpol - Starzyny Service withdrawn
- 136 Nowy Sącz – Nowy Sącz Miasto Reopened but closed on 31 August 2009
- 151 Tychy – Tychy Miasto
- 200/315 p.odg Borszewice – podg Dionizow East to North curve at Zdunska Wola with new scheduled use
- 230 Międzylesie – Lichkov ČD reopened after Electrification
- 235 Nysa - Kamieniec Zabkowicki lost all local services so was used only by a pair of dated winter/summer Posp’s until withdrawal on 1 September 2009
- 245 Wałbrzych Gł - Kłodzko Gł The reopening shown in the timetable was delayed slightly due to uncompleted infrastructure works.
- 246 Brzeg – Nysa reopened
- 249 Legnica – Jerzmanice Zdroj reopened with a daily service, this was quickly reduced to FSSuO and then withdrawn totally on 30 August 2009
- 252 Lubań Ślaski – Zgorzelec reopened but closed on 31 August 2009
- 267 part Lubin Gorniczy – Rudna Gwizdanow reopened
- 315 initially showed no local services south of Ponetów meaning the curve from p odg Dionizow to Zdunska Wola would have lost all passenger use but the timetable was re-issued from 17 December with two Zdunska Wola – Ponetów – Kutno daily pairs using the curve from Ponetów to Zamków on T300. These only ran until 9 January 2009 when they were cut back to Kraski.
- 321 summer overnight Jelenia Gora - Gdynia via Ostrow was confirmed as using the north end connections at Jarocin but a starter from Jarocin towards Krotoszyn has 10 minutes rather than 9 to Golina so is thought to be a reopening of the line southbound from the east side platforms
- 333 Czerwiensk - Guben [DB] timings from 1 June 2009 were printed but this did not commence
- 345 The Berlin – Warsawa overnight is rerouted via Kostrzyn, Pila and Bydgozscz rather than Poznan and Frankfurt Oder
- 361/370 The Szczecin Dąbie avoiding curve has a reinstated summer only service
- 382 Msice – Mielno Koszalinskie No timings published in the printed timetable but even though this 2008 summer reopening made a loss, a 20 June to 31 August 2009 service did run
- 601/420 Łodź Widzew – Zgierz dated overnight pair listed but were cancelled before they ran
- 604 Luków – Pilawa Local services withdrawn again
Scheduled steam services in year commencing 14 December 2008
The world famous daily scheduled steam services from Wolsztyn continue following a 5-year subsidy program agreed in 2008 and these are identified in the timetable by Pictograms. The agreement sees two daily steam powered pairs on table 328 as listed on www.parowozy.com.pl/fahrplan.htm subject to short notice change with daily reports available on this locally run website in Polish and German at www.parowozy.com.pl/newsd.html Steam engine Pictograms appear elsewhere in the timetable on specified dates on 120 on a circuit round Krakow [but these are not thought to have run] and from the steam museum at Chabówka on 135 to Zakopane and 136 to Dobra k. Limanowa, from Wolsztyn via 330 to Wrocław, 340 for the annual train from Poznan to Kołobrzeg on 30 May 2009 [no longer continuing onto the closed non-passenger Harbour branch], 426 for the Jazz festival train to Zakrzewo Złotowskie on 11/12 July 2009, and from Gdynia on 400 on five dates and 440 on eleven dates.
Changes during the 2008 timetable period
- 100/109 Service via curve between Żelisławice and Włoszczowa Poludnie Last train 8 December 2007 [See 2009 section for later service]
- Part 306, part 308, 309 SKPL Narrow gauge passenger services radiating from Krosniewice were withdrawn on 31 March 2008 after a number of deferments.
- Part 353 SKPL NG Scheduled service between Sniaty and Wielichowo withdrawn from a new timetable on 1 January 2008. The last train would have run on the last day of school term prior to Christmas.
- Part 353 SKPL NG Scheduled services withdrawn from Śmigiel to Sniaty on 28 March 2008
- 360/370 Szczecin Dąbie avoiding curve. Summer only use not scheduled so last train on 2 September 2007, but resumed in 2009
- Part 415 The service between Grudziądz and Kwidzyn was withdrawn on 31 January 2008 due to poor condition of track. Resumed from 1 March 2009 with Arriva PCC
- 105 Part Bukowno to Jaworzno Szczakowa with a Warsawa – Olkusz – Gliwice TLK SSuX pair. Withdrawn 1 September 2009
- 166 Gliwice - Bytom from 31 January 2008
- 247 The cross border line from Trutnov/Královec in the Czech Republic to Lubawka reopened on 5 July 2008 with a Summer weekend only service using PKP DMUs. Services were popular and extended until 12 October 2008 when suddenly withdrawn following an objection from the Polish Regional Authorities that the units they had subsidised purchase of should not be operating into the Czech Republic. The disagreement was resolved and the service operated again in 2009.
- 250 Part Lwówek Śląski to Zebrzydowa
- 267 Part Legnica - Lubin Górniczy A reinstated local service resumed from an unknown date slightly later than the timetable change in December 2007
- 300/315 North to East curve between p.odg Borysławice and Kłodawa
- 300/315 West to South curve between Barłogi and Ponętów with a very limited dated scheduled service. Withdrawn in 2009
- 300/360 A Warsawa – Szczecin pair again diverted via the Poznań northern freight ring avoiding Poznań Głowny. Withdrawn again 1 March 2009
- Ex 317 Part. SKPL The Narrow Gauge line from Pleszew Miasto to Pleszew Wąsk on 1 May with three pairs SSuX. Withdrawn from later unknown date
- 335 Part Rzepin to Międzyrzecz
- 355 Summer only service via Rzepin avoiding line
- 382 Msice – Mielno Koszalinskie The timetabled seasonal reopening from 31 May 2008 was delayed but commenced on 19 July and ran until 31 August
- Part 416 from Bydgoszcz to Chelmza on 13 November 2008
- 418 Part Płock – Sierpc
- 420/430 Ex 416 Summer only use resumed with pair booked via Bydgoszcz Wschod
- 431 Part Brodnica – Dzialdowo A daily pair re-introduced after last trains had run on 2 September 2007. Closed again on 1 September 2009
- 511 Ketrzyn - Wegorzewo A private Company advertised and operated timetabled services on SSuO and Holidays between 20 July and 31 August 2008. These ran again on reduced dates in 2009.
- Part 515 Szczytno – Pisz on 1 January 2008
- 608/613 Timetabled summer only pair via P odg Warszawa Gocławek – P odg Warsawa Antoninów to avoid reversing at Warsawa Wschodnia
Other significant changes
- 122 The Krakow - Kiev train pair were shown reinstated from 31 May 2008 with timings suggesting use of the standard gauge route from Przemysl and gauge changer at Mostiska 2, but 2009 travellers report continued use of the Przemysl gauge changer westbound
- 151 Part Tychy – Tychy Miasto Timetabled services from 1 September 2008 did not resume until the 2009 Timetable year
- 300 The “Jan Kiepura” overnight ex Warsawa was extended to Amsterdam
- 345/355 Timetabled diversions from T300 on the rebuilding of the river bridge at Frankfurt via the north to west curve at Kostrzyn on listed dates.
- 365 The timetabled services were bustituted but trains resumed from Pila to Walcz from 1 September
- 367 Szczecin Głowny – Trzebież Szczecinski The timetabled seasonal reopening from 21 June to 31 August SSuO was cancelled
- 536 Ołecko - Suwałki service now all year-round
- 604/100 Luków – Pilawa - CML A day coach added between Katowice and Terespol to the previous sleeper only Praha – Moscow service
The operation of all Posp trains [those in red in the printed timetable] were transferred to PKP IC with effect from 1 December 2009 with corresponding changes to ticket availability.
For details of older changes dating back to the year see Poland - Older General Information.
The funding of local services has transferred to Regional Authorities. Some are pro-Rail to the extent of paying for new stock and re-opening lines, but others have reduced funding available and service cuts occur when contracts are renegotiated.
Previous Timetables showed services marked with note “G”, "trains run until further notice only", which in many cases turned out to be prior warning of a later service withdrawal. This annotation has fallen into disuse so the list below is based on a September 2012 Consultants Report which recommended drastic service cuts and which is apparently approved by the Polish Ministry of Transport. That Report identified lines by route which meant that those with heavy freight traffic such as 315 were not listed even though passenger services using this lengthy line range from sparse to non-existent. So as a guide to travellers, the list is a combination of those mentioned in the Consultants Report that have a passenger service, or those where the complete service was marked “G” in a previous Timetable. Combined these are thought to be the passenger services under most threat of closure:-
- 105 Tunel - Sosnowiec
- 109 Kozłów - Koniecpol
- 111 Dęblin - Radom
- 113 Tomaszów Mazowieki - Radom
- 114 Koluszki - Tomaszów Mazowieki
- 115 Skarżysko Kamienna - Stalowa Wola Rozwadów
- 122 Przemyśl – Mostiska II (UZ)
- 123 Hrebenne - Munina
- 126 Ocice - Rzeszów Głowny
- 131 Jasło - Zagórz
- 132 Rzeszów – Jasło
- 134 Zagórz – Łupków
- 137 Sucha Beskidszka – Źywiec
- 139 Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Lanckorona – Wadowice – Bielsko Biała
- 141 Skawina – Oświęcim
- 151 Tychy - Tychy Miasto
- 154 Żory - Chybie
- 173 Częstochowa – Chorzow Siemkowice
- 175 Fosowskie - Opole
- 201 Opole – Kluczbork
- 202 Opole – Nysa
- 204 Wrocław Psie Pole – Trzebnica
- 225 Nysa – Brzeg – Kedzierzyn Kozle
- 235 Legnica – Jaworzyna Śląska – Kamieniec Ząbkowicki
- 245 Kłodsko Gł. - Wałbrzych Gł
- 250 Jelenia Góra – Lwówek Śląski
- 255 Lubań Śląski – Wegliniec
- 315 Chorzow Siemkowice – Zduńska Wola Karsznica/Zdunska Wola – Inowrocław
- 320 Herby Nowe – Weiluń Dąbrowa - Kępno
- 321 Gniezno – Jarocin – Krotoszyn – Grabowno Wielkie
- 328 Leszno - Wolsztyn - Zbąszyń
- 332 Luboń K. Poznania - Wolsztyn
- 335 Rzepin - Międzyrzecz
- 340 Piła - Szczecinek
- 343 Zbąszynek – Międzyrzecz - Gorzów Wielkolpolski
- 350 Ostrów – Krotoszyn
- 356 Zielona Góra – Żary
- 365 Piła - Ulikowo
- 370 Wysoka Kamieńska - Kamień Pomorski
- 375 Kołobrzeg – Goleniów
- 381 Słupsk - Ustka
- 382 Kosalin - Kołobrzeg
- 382 Mśice - Mielno Kosaliński
- 383 Szczecinek - Słupsk
- 385 Chojnice – Szczecinek – Runowo Pomorskie
- 390 Poznań Wschod - Gołańcz
- 403 Szymankowo - Nowy Dwór Gdański
- 410 Toruń Wschodni - Sierpc – Nasielsk
- 416 Bydgoszcz Wschód - Chełmża
- 418 Kutno – Płock - Sierpc
- 424 Chojnice – Kościerzyna
- 429 Laskowice Pomorskie – Szlachta – Czersk – Bąk
- 429 Szlachta – Lipowa Tucholska
- 431 Chojnice - Wierzchuchin - Laskowice Pomorskie – Grudziądz – Jablonowo Pomorskie – Brodnica
- 440 Wierzchuchin – Kościerzyna
- 451 Lębork – Łeba
- 500 Działdowo - Olsztyn
- 503 Gutkowo – Braniewo
- 505 Braniewo – Bogaczewo
- 510 Ełk - Korsze
- 515 Szczytno – Pisz
- 530 Sokółka - Suwalki
- 530 Kuźnica Białostocka – Grodno [Belarus]
- 535 Bialystok - Ełk
- 536 Ełk - Olecko
- 540 Terespol - Brest (Belarus)
- 543 Czeremcha – Białystock
- 550 Dorohusk - Chelm
- 553 Luków – Dęblin
- 554 Rejowiec - Zawada
- 554 Zamosc – Zawada - Zwierzynec - Bełźec
- 555 Lublin – Stalowa Wola Rozwadów
- 556 Zwierzynec – Stalowa Wola Rozwadów