Poland - Tram services over obscure routes: Difference between revisions
(→Grudziądz: MZK: Route 1 frequencies every 15 minutes on Sat and 20 min on a Sunday)
(→Kraków: MPK: map link change)
|Line 198:||Line 198:|
As at August 2022 with rare curve uses identified in October 2018, October 2021 or June 2022 also listed. Note the four stop branch from north of Kombinat to Walcownia closed permanently in late 2018. [https://ztp.krakow.pl/transport-publiczny/komunikacja-miejska/mapy-i-schematy-kmk Network Map] [https://rozklady.mpk.krakow.pl/ Timetables here] Off route Depot runs are shown in on-line timetables by footnote but those listed are those found in 2018.
As at August 2022 with rare curve uses identified in October 2018, October 2021 or June 2022 also listed. Note the four stop branch from north of Kombinat to Walcownia closed permanently in late 2018. [https://ztp.krakow.pl/transport-publiczny/komunikacja-miejska/mapy-i-schematy-kmkNetwork Map ] [https://rozklady.mpk.krakow.pl/ Timetables here] Off route Depot runs are shown in on-line timetables by footnote but those listed are those found in 2018.
===Rondo Koczmyrzowskie south west to south east===
===Rondo Koczmyrzowskie south west to south east===
Revision as of 16:52, 23 September 2022
Some tram systems advertise their depot workings and enable one to ascertain the regular use by passenger-carrying services of junctions or sections of line that do not otherwise see public service. This occasional series lists such services that have come to notice. While the data for each system is current at the date stated, it is not the intention to endeavour to keep every entry up to date at every service change - the listing serves as a guide for travellers as to the sort of services they can look out for, enabling them to check current published timetable material at their time of travel.
To assist in tracing services, the route and/or timetable number for each journey is shown in parentheses, e.g. (1). Days of operation are in English notation (respectively: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, S) - plus "O" for only, "X" for excepted. Su (Sundays) usually includes public holidays in mainland Europe - but check locally.
Listings for other systems throughout the world - in the same format as shown below (please include date of timetable validity) - will always be welcomed.
NOTE: It is not the intention, nor possible with very frequent timetable changes to keep all entries up to date. They should be treated with caution and as a snapshot of what has been available to travel at some point rather than a list of what is available now.
A number of Polish cities provide free travel to 'seniors' of different ages so anyone who may qualify may wish to check the operators' websites for the relevant criteria.
There is a highly recommended journey planner that will cover ALL public transport options in Poland Jakdojade.pl which can search for direct journeys between two points, i.e. it can be tailored to search for rare curve use with high quality maps showing stop ;ocations.
From Timetables on website in October 2021 PDFs A map of only the tram network is here, scroll down the page. The new connecting line from Zbożowy Rynek to Rondo Kujawskie opened on 6 December 2020 and a route recast resulted in new regular services at Szarych Szeregów over the existing west to east, and a newly built west to south curve.
Rondo Toruńskie south to west and north to south curve at Babia Wieś loop
Ordinarily route 6 runs from Zbożowy Rynek via Babia Wieś and west - east at Rondo Toruńskie but a landslip on this section means Zbożowy Rynek via Babia Wieś to Rondo Toruńskie is closed from an unknown date ongoing.
The description as above was used by a diverted route 2 double running to Babia Wieś from the east when access to Babia Wieś from the west was blocked by new line construction which ended on 5 December 2020 on opening of a new line from Zbożowy Rynek to Rondo Kujawskie. At Babia Wieś the normal east and westbound tracks split significantly so that diversion also did the rare west end north to south curve.
Wyżyny (Pętla) was previously not travelled in passenger service but from an unknown date a stop has been built on the loop and was in regular use clockwise from the west by terminating route 11 from 6 December 2020. But this appears to have been withdrawn when Szarych Szeregów to Perlowa closed long term in connection with a new River Brda tram crossing so the use, if any at February 2022 is unknown.
Use of the clockwise curves from the east also ceased at the same time as access from Perlowa was blocked. Previously used by truncated route 2 from an unknown date in 2020 until 5 December 2020, then by October 2021 by a few Depot runs to Kazimierza Wielkiego [for Stomil Depot] at 18:54, 19:46 SSuX, 21:40 Daily, 22:16 SSuO, 23:04 Daily that would use the departure curve, and the arrival curve by departures from Szarych Szeregów north at 04:31, 04:49, 04:55 & 05:12. Note these Depot runs would also use entries Szarych Szeregów West to North and Perlowa South to East.
Rondo Fordonskie South to East
- Route 7: No evening service after 19:00 Daily. The route map produced for the new Network on opening of additional lines in 2023 shows no service via this curve.
Szarych Szeregów West to North
- No regular service since route 2 was diverted to Kapusciśca following the 2020 route opening. Szarych Szeregów to Perlowa from some time in 2021 closed long term in connection with a new River Brda tram crossing so the journeys to Kazimierza Wielkiego [for Stomil Depot] suggested by footnotes in the PDFs from Wyżyny on route 2 at 19:17 SSuX, 23:29 Daily, route 9 at 23:36 Daily and route 11 at 18:56, 19:55 SSuX, 22:18 SSuO, 22:42 & 23:06 Daily no longer can access this curve. Prior to this closure the electronic screen for the curve only platform at Szarych Szeregów North was seen to have shown next departures westbound between 04:06 - 05:12 SSuX so there are probably others and later SSuO. Note all these trams must also traverse entry Perlowa South to East in either direction.
Perlowa South to East
- No regular service and since Szarych Szeregów to Perlowa closed long term in connection with a new River Brda tram crossing the use by Depot journeys to Kazimierza Wielkiego [for Stomil Depot] shown by footnotes in the PDFs on route 2 from Perlowa at 18:34 19:21 SSuX or 22:40, 23:09, 23:33 Daily, route 4 at 22:40, 23:08, 23:36 Daily, route 8 at 22:55, 23:19 Daily, route 9 at 19:00 SSuX 22:59, 23:26, 23:40 Daily and route 11 at 19:01, 20:00 SSuX, 22:23 SSuO, 22:47 & 23:11 Daily can no longer access this curve. Journeys from the Depot from stop Filmova would be a few minutes earlier than the 04:06 - 05:12 displayed at Szarych Szeregów North, plus additionally others heading for Kapusciśca and Glinki.
Previously in use by a Route 9 service between approximately 05:00-08:00, 12:45-17:00 and 21:30-22:30 SSuX.
Niepodległości (Pętla) South to East
Timings from 26 January 2022 [r 7] or 8 January 2022 [r 10] PDFs.
Despite the distance between Niepodległości and Niepodległości (Pętla) being just 200m and it quicker to run direct as per routes 3 & 5, PDF journey timings show some Depot journeys to Łoskoń on routes 7 & 10 still calling at Niepodległości (Pętla) and local sources and a traveller confirm those do run via the loop and this curve. Note there are other Depot runs to/from Łoskoń that do not call at Niepodległości (Pętla) so from January 2022 timetable changes the route 7 & 10 PDF's clearly show which do, r 7 with Footnotes B outbound and A inbound.
- route 7: from stop Niepodległości at 18:20, 18.32, 19:00, 19:20, 19:43 SSuX 19:11, 19:41 SSuO
- route 10: from stop Niepodległości at 18:49, 19:09, 19:29 SSuX 19:25 SSuO
Timings for journeys coming into service from Łoskoń Depot on routes 7 or 10 via this curve to Niepodległości Pętla are:-
- route 7: from Łoskoń at 04:22, 04:49, 05:31 SSuX 08:44, 09:14 SSuO
- route 10: from Łoskoń at 04:53, 05:56 SSuX 08:57 SSuO
All of Niepodległości (Pętla) turning circle including the west to south curve can be done in passenger service on routes terminating at the Pętla as the same stop is used for arrivals and departures.
The Depot is accessed by a triangle in-between Równoległa and Powstańców Śląskich stops and there are arrival and departure platforms (Zajezdnia MPK) just off Aleja Niepodległości and outside the gates to the depot. Note that only the section south of the Depot is operating until the end of 2020 due to major refurbishment work so the Depot south to east curve is in regular use (up to 6 minute interval service). During the first phase of reconstruction, when the southern routes were being rebuilt, the north to east curve was in regular use. The timings below applied before the reconstruction work, so the curves may be available when reconstruction is completed.
South to East curve:
- Route 1 from stop Plac Orlat Lwowskich at 08:06 [A], 18:41 [B], 19:20 [A], 19:41 [B], 20:18 [A], & 23:10, 23.30 Daily
- Route 3 from stop Estakada at 10:28 [A], 18:52 SSuX, 19:52 [C], 19:54 [A], 22:59 SuX, 23:19, 23:39 Daily
North to East curve:
- Route 1 ex Fieldorfer-Nila from stop PKP Osob at 19:55 [A], 22:46 and 23:26 Daily, Route 3 23:16 & 23:36 Daily
Notes [A] SSuX and daily in June [B] SuX and daily in August [C] SO and daily in August
Timetables can be located here and an undated system map on line in June 2022 here. Entries are from a Timetable dated 10 November 2017 on the opening of the new link line between Lutego - Grota Roweckiego.
Robotnicza/Alstom East to North
Significantly reduced scheduled use as route 4 and 5 are diverted to use the new line.
- Route 2: 22:56 SuX 22:57 SO
Note these timings are from one stop before this single track curve at Królewiecka - światowid as no details were displayed at Robotnicza/Alstom where these journeys go off route towards Zjazdowy [the Depot]. No details for journeys leaving the Depot were displayed at appropriate stops but as the crossovers at the junction were shiny it is assumed they exist.
Off route sections [but no rare curves] can be identified after selecting a route by the place names in italics from here. For rare curves drill down into the routes and look for journeys with footnotes. Link to the tram network as at 18 December 2021 is here or dated 28 May 2022 here but note that long term closures/diversions may not be shown. The current timetables can be found here.
The following entries are from the 2 January 2022 timetable, plus in previous years a vintage tram has been observed using the substantial loop at Węzeł Kliniczna.
Okopowa east to west
- Summer 2022 SSuO route 68 between 09:30 - 17:00. It commenced running on 25 June but no end date was quoted, see timetables for details.
- All route 12 journeys currently run beyond Ujeścisko via this loop to/from Lawendowe Wzgórze. Use will end when the under construction line from Przemyska to Ujeścisko opens as route 12 will then terminate here and the loop will not be in passenger service.
Brama Oliwska - Dworzec PKS - Węzeł Groddecka north to west
- Route 4 between 06:00 and 17:15 SSuX
Nowy Port: Rybołowców south to west & Plac Wolnosci west to south
- Route 7 from stop Wladyslaw IV between 03:51 - 08:10, 09:52 & 13:10 - 16:24 SSuX. Note the 09:52 departure also traverses two other entries as listed below.
The inner loop at Nowy Port was noted as engineering work closed in February 2022 so these two curves were also used by all route 10 departures. How long this will last and if route 7 will then be re-routed via the inner loop is not known.
Węzeł Kliniczna north to west
- Route 7 Depot run to Strzyża at 10:07 SSuX [also see above and below entry]
Wyspiańskiego east to south
- Route 7 Depot run to Strzyża from Węzeł Kliniczna at 10:07 SSuX [also using above entry]
- Route 8 Depot run to Strzyża from Kliniczna at 23:21, 23:48, 00:16 Daily
Śródmieście east to north
- Route 10 journeys going off route from Dworzec Główny to terminate at Węzeł Groddecka at 21:17, 22:17 Daily
- Route 10 from Skrajna at 04:42 Daily, 04:57, 15:31 SSuX
A traveller advises only inbound to the loop stop is in service as pick up is at the Siedlce stop on the passing route.
Gorzów Wielkopolski: MZK
For the past few years the network has been undergoing complete modernisation so there have been no rare track opportunities. Additionally the local Authority again Tendered for works to re-instate the short link to the PKP station with bids due by 8 March 2022, but on 9 March it was cancelled, claiming they "wished to create a financial reserve by giving up some investments that are not a priority". This would have been a single track line as before but to a dead end terminus as opposed to the previous turning loop.
September 2022 update: The system has recently completely closed for modernisation, but a partial service resumed on 1 September to/from Tarpno which unusually provides a 10 minute service to the railway station from 04.42 to 22.30 as a regular route, Mondays to Friday, as opposed to just early and late journeys to/from the Depot as listed below. This Route 1 frequency reduces to every 15 minutes on Saturday and every 20 minutes on a Sunday. For how long is not mentioned, nor as they are receiving new trams if this route 1 might be re-instated as a permanent service.
Note the on-line PDF only gives timings from the route termini. Timetable here
Previously from stop information displayed in June 2017 dated 1 February 2016. Only north - south Route 2 operates but as the Depot is located off this route adjacent to the PKP station entrance, a 1.3km link previously used by Routes 1 and 3 from Dworzec Glowny to Al. 23 Stycznia can be travelled on in service Depot runs.
Dworzec Głowny - Al. 23 Stycznia East to South
- Route 2: Dworzec Głowny to Pętla Rzadz at 04:33 04:48 05:12 05:32 05:57 SSuX 04:35 08:17 08:47 SO 04:54 SuO
- Route 2: From Pętla Rzadz departing Al. 23 Stycznia South to Dworzec Głowny at 19:16 SSuX, 20:38, 22:48 Daily 23:08 SO & 23:09 SSuX
Dworzec Głowny - Al. 23 Stycznia East to North
- Route 2: Dworzec Głowny to Pętla Tarpno at 04:38, 04:57, 05:22 SSuX, 04:44 05:04 06:14 07:14 11:48 SO 04:54 05:14 08:14 12:27 SuO
- Route 2: From Pętla Tarpno departing Al. 23 Stycznia North to Dworzec Głowny at 13:31 16:21 17:05 SO 19:21, 19:36 SSuX, 20:21 Daily, 22:28 SO, 22:48 Daily
Katowice: KZK GOP
Depot runs keep their original service numbers but with the details displayed as additional panels on off route tramstops. Timetables here and the standard is any sections not covered regularly are in italics. December 2021 Map here or 16 May 2022 map here. With regular schedule changes these should be treated as just possibilities and not guaranteed to be in use on any visit. The following were as at timetables in August 2020/October 2021 and visits in October 2018 and February 2022.
- On 23 July 2022 major long term re-organisation of tram traffic in Bytom came into effect due to track re-construction at Bytom and Stroszek depot, which is predicted to last until July 2023. Lines 7, 38, 40 and 49 were suspended as a result. See Bytom entries for rare track consequences.
A single track triangle junction with a non-passenger line leading to the Alstom Konstal factory. As at February 2022 route 11 terminated here from Katowice, with trams reversing onto the triangle out of service to change direction again to depart from a stop on the south facing curve. Note due to a blind corner that departures are hand signalled away...
Zawodzie Centrum Przesiadkowe
An enormous covered tram/bus interchange was opened on 7 December 2020 with a north side loop with access from both directions. Routes 7 [and 23 SO] terminate from the west but as there is a stop before the loop, the curve onto it is not thought to be available in service. However all westbound services from the Zawodzie Zajezdnia direction run via the loop to ensure all westbound departures leave from the same stop near the loop exit.
Zabrze city centre avoiding curve
A new east to north curve opened some time in 2021 and is used by half hourly route 2 running between Gliwice Zajezdnia and Bytom.
Katowice Plac Wolności
Normally route 23 [in October 2021 running hourly Saturdays only] on journeys towards Chorzów Stadion Śląski Pętla is the only service using the short north to south connection on the west side of the square, but as at February 2022, routes 13,15,19 & 45 are all terminating here from the east and from observation any tram terminating here will carry passengers on a circuit around the square.
Katowice Plac Miarki
- Trams to/from Brynów use different streets north of this stop, but any trams terminating at Plac Miarki will use a stop on a short connecting curve between the two routes. Normally this curve is only used by the roughly hourly Saturdays only journeys on route 23 but only towards Zawodzie Zajezdnia but since 1.1.2022 this is also used all days of the week by route 11.
Chorzów Stadion Śląski Pętla
- There are two loops here 400m apart with a third track parallel to the usual running lines [at a lower level] connecting them. As at February 2022 the eastern loop access from Chorzów and its exit towards Katowice were out of service.
Routes 0 & 23 from the Katowice direction enter the eastern loop and run via the third line to layover on the western loop before exiting from there towards Katowice. Note there is a stop approaching the western loop on the connecting line... The stop on the loop also showed departures towards Katowice on route 6 at 18:28, 18:58 SSuX and research found these also arrive from Katowice so will run as per routes 0 and 23. They depart stop Park Śląski Wejście Główne at 18.25, 18:55 SSuX.
Since 18.12.2021 route 9 from the Chorzów direction uses the complete western loop, but as there is a Chorzów Stadion Śląski stop before the loop a February 2022 traveller had to ask to remain on board to travel to the Pętla stop. This loop being out of service was confirmed as the Pętla stop did not show a route 9 timetable but did for the 0, route 6 journeys as listed above and the 23. See the Polish city Journey Planner.
Łagiewniki Targowisko West to North
- Was in use by odd Depot runs on route 9 in October 2018 but no use indicated in August 2020.
Bytom Plac Sikorskiego - Bytom Kosciol sw. Trojcy
- Route 38: Services were suspended from 22 July 2022 for the below mentioned upgrade works, estimated completion by July 2023. The entry is the link on/off a currently isolated 1.34km shuttle in Bytom. This connection sees use by a daily pair in passenger service and timings from 17 October 2021 depart the main tram terminus in Bytom at Plac Sikorskiego at 05.28 SSuX, 09.28 SSuO or from Bytom Kosciol sw. Trojcy at 19.32 Daily, both journeys to/from Stroszek Zajezdnia Depot. Note the evening tram needs to reverse direction at the junction...
This is all to change as a contract was signed on 2 February 2022 for a line upgrade including southbound services to be extended to the main Bytom tram terminus at pl. Sikorskiego anti-clockwise via two new curves, right into ul. Sądowa, then left into ul. Powstańców Śląskich, returning via the existing listing. The route would also be increased to a 2 tram service with one to be a modern vehicle and the other a vintage double ended Konstal 416N [one of two built either in 1949 or 1951] which operated the route until 14 March 2020 when it was suspended due to Corona-virus. When the service resumed on 9 July 2020, the Konstal was swapped in a mid-morning ceremony to a new low floor single car tram.
Bytom Plac Sikorskiego
This main terminus for central Bytom is part of two anti-clockwise street loops, with routes from/to the south and east running on an inner circle. Routes from Katowice to points north of Bytom use the north side of the loop, [by-passing Plac Sikorskiego], but those towards Katowice or terminating from north of Bytom use a different street loop to run anti-clockwise through the main terminus. Note the west side north to east curve on the inner street loop at Jagiellońska has no scheduled use but with a closure further north, it must be used by terminating route 19's from Katowice but as the timetable does not include a stop at Jagiellońska it is assumed it will run round the loop out of service until approximately July 2023.
Bytom Urząd Miasta east to north
- route 39 which can only be reached from central Bytom by a tram replacement bus uses this curve daily from 23 July 2022 until approximately July 2023.
Bytom Łagiewnicka south to west
- route 17 to Gliwice Zajezdnia at 17:39 SSuX, 20:09, 23:45 Daily
All tracks of routes previously terminating at Chorzów Ratusz have been relocated to Chorzów Rynek to a new interchange alongside Bytom - Katowice routes so most of the previous rare curve entries no longer exist.
A new east to south curve was installed south of the Chorzów Rynek stop, but the south to east curve north of Chorzów Rynek is roughly on the site of a previous TSUL curve used in the opposite direction from Ratusz... Neither of these curves were believed to have seen use until the map of 18 December 2021 showed route 9 extended to Chorzów Stadion Śląski via these connections.
There is also a single track north to east curve by-passing all Chorzów Rynek stops which is not thought to be in use.
Katowice Rondo avoiding curve
- Was in use by route 33 in October 2018 but no such service by August 2020.
As at August 2022 with rare curve uses identified in October 2018, October 2021 or June 2022 also listed. Note the four stop branch from north of Kombinat to Walcownia closed permanently in late 2018. Network Map at 29 August 2022 Timetables here Off route Depot runs are shown in on-line timetables by footnote but those listed are those found in 2018.
Rondo Koczmyrzowskie south west to south east
- In use from 29 August 2022 by diverted route 1
Lubicz east to north
- As at June 2022 with a closure elsewhere on the network, route 5 was diverted to terminate at CM. Rakowicki via this curve. From at least the 29 August 2022 this curve was in use by route 17...
- From some time before June 2022 until 29 August 2022 temporary route 73 towards Czerwone Maki used the northbound stop at Dworzec Towarowy and the north end, east to west inside curve, whilst trams towards Nowy Biezanów ran through via the stop on the south east side. The inside curve normally has no service, and the south east side only by routes terminating here from opposite directions from Nowy Kleparz or Politechnika.
Stary Kleprz East to North
- Temporary route 74 used this curve between 06:15 & 18:30 SSuX as at October 2021 but use had ended by June 2022.
Connection from Kopiec Wandy to Kopiec Wandy Pętla aka Fort Mogiła turning loops
This large loop is located at ground level adjacent to a tram flyover where the line from Kombinat to Pleszów crosses over the line from Plac Centralny but it can be reached from both routes. Access from the higher level is via a 200 metre north to east connecting line but note this cannot be travelled in passenger service as a stop named Kopiec Wandy is on the Pleszów line before the junction, and a traveller confirms there are no set down or pick up platforms on the loop from the Pleszów line. From 20 September 2021 this connection will be used by terminating diverted route 21 & 22 as the direct route from Plac Centralny to Kopiec Wandy/Fort Mogiła is closed for refurbishment for approximately 8 months. When this reopens stops located just on and at the end of the loop can be travelled from the low level lines on routes 16 & 44. A map to assist is here.
- Also allegedly used by Tourist Route 0: On line timetable states journeys run only on "Summer Sundays & Holidays".
Teatr Słowackiego [Kraków Głowny] North to West
- Normally only by FSSuO Night route 69: Half hourly in both directions from stops Dworzec Głowny Zachód and Stare Kleparz between approximately 23.50 and 04.00 but in use by diverted route 70 from 29 August 2022.
Kombinat North to South
In October 2018 a temporary route 73 from nearby Nowa Huta tram Depot to Kopiec Wandy Pętla appeared on the North stop electronic departure screen and ran in service via this curve leaving at 15.33 on a Thursday.
Dajwor multi-street loop
- Tourist Route 0 operated by historic vehicles every Sunday and holiday in Summer. 2021 dates were from June 20 - September 19.
As at April 2022 eight sections of the network had no service, allegedly mainly due to a backlog of maintenance work, but also the construction of the PKP underground link between Fabryczna and Kaliska stations and [not linked] an unsafe listed city centre building. The closures are shown on the Urbanrail website in comparison to the official map dated 3.4.2022. In addition there are regular timetable changes with route diversions so although the following entries represent the situation as at April 2022 they will NOT be kept up to date.
Allegedly EU Funds have been obtained for 10km of line refurbishments by the end of 2023 which MPK claim will re-open at least Ogrodowa – Północna, Legionów - Cmentarną and Wojska Polskiego Franciszkańska to Doły, the last mentioned having its previous street running sections relocated to a separate formation.
Therefore any visitor must do their own research just before their visit on the MPK Company website but unfortunately this has history of inaccurate information... for example in late October 2021 route 9 was shown wrongly on the official network map but the accurate route taken in on-line timetables. This was corrected by December 2021.
Trams going off route to Depot will display "GAJ" with or instead of their route number and are listed on-line. To find these click on any route in the above link, [routes recently amended will be in red, but some diversions have been in place for so long they are now the norm...]. Click on a stop name and this will show all timings with those going off route with an x or y suffix. Click on that specific timing and the left hand side calling points will change to show all stops on and off route to reach the Depot.
The information at stops will show any journey going off route within a square with details listed in a footnote.
It would appear journeys from a Depot to line of route are not listed anywhere!!
In addition to the entries listed below, in April 2022 it was possible to travel sections that had no regular service but this was different to those available at the end of September or October 2021:-
- an east to north and south to east curve and section of Pl Narutowicza by departing route 4 from Łódź Fabryczna
- Piłsudskiego Śmigłego-Rydza south to west by diverted route 14
A major redevelopment is approved for this square. From the August 2022 route map work has begun as no services run via this square, previously all routes split into single tracks to run anti-clockwise around the north or south sides, with junctions at east, west and north streets. It was suggested initially that a double track line will run only on the north side with one triangle junction but later news articles suggest a turning circle will be retained. See this Press Article with artistic impression. Completion is planned by Summer 2024.
Prior to closure all combinations could be travelled but ordinarily the one rare curve was the east side south to north then in use by diverted route 5.
Linked to these plans is construction of a new south to east curve slightly north of Pl. Wolności between Pl. Nowomiejska and Pl. Północna
Some time between August 2014 and June 2017 all north/south and vv services across Tadeusza Kościuszk/Adama Mickiewicza were diverted via a north to east curve to a cross platform interchange with east west routes at a new and roofed Piotrkowska Centrum, plus a new section of route built south along Piotrkowska St from the east end of Piotrkowska Centrum joining the old route before stop Brzeźna. See Google Streetview and toggle dates
The old north/south tracks were left in situ with no scheduled service plus by September 2020 new single track curves were in place; south to east from Mickiewicza to Piotrkowska Centrum, and west to south from Żeromskiego/Mickiewicza to Mickiewicza plus a double track west to north curve at Żwirki/Piotrkowska.
Illustrating the regular changes to routes, in September 2020 route 3A terminated from the north and did an anti-clockwise circuit via Żwirki/Piotrkowska and the west to north curve to Piotrkowska Centrum, by October 2021 route 3A terminated from the south so did a clockwise circuit via the south to west curve at Żwirki/Piotrkowska to Mickiewicza and then the south to east to Piotrkowska Centrum but only ran limited early morning and evening journeys. From 20 December 2021 route 3A additionally ran all day at weekends but from 14 February 2022 became tram route Z, still running clockwise but between 05:20 - 06:20 & 18:50 - 21:50 SSuX but all day SSuO...
Piłsudskiego Śmigłego-Rydza west to north
Note all these services are timed from the stop before the junction at Przędzalniana
- route 6 GAJ to Zajezdnia Telefoniczna at 18:50, 23:07, 00:02 SSuX, 16:49, 23:22 SO, 23:42 SO
- route 8A GAJ to Zajezdnia Telefoniczna at 18:45 SSuX
- route 10A to Zajezdnia Telefoniczna at 18:40, 18:50 SSuX or route 10B at 20:35, 20:55, 21:31, 23:17, 23:37, 23:57 SSuX, 23:22, 23:37, 23:57 SO, 22:16, 23:26, 23:46 SO
- route 14 GAJ to Zajezdnia Telefoniczna at 18:55, 22:50, 23:29 SSuX, 17:14, 22:44, 23:04, 23:23 SO, 22:40, 23:00, 23:19 SO
Plac Reymonta east to south
- route 4 GAJ to Zajezdnia Pabianicką from Grota-Roweckiego at 18:39, 22:52 SSuX, 21:32 SO, 21:38, 22:48 SO and note these also travel via curve Zachodnia/Legionów south to east
- route 6 from Plac Reymonta east to Zajezdnia Chocianowice at 17:55, 18:35, 19:55, 22:58, 23:12, 23:47 SSuX, 17:00, 23:09, 23:27, 23:47 SO, 22:43, 23:19, 23:39 SO
- route 7 from Plac Reymonta east to Zajezdnia Chocianowice at 23:18 SSuX
Pormorska north to east
- In use by diverted route 17 to/from Centrum Krwiodawstwa by at least May 2022 and continuing in August 2022
Śmigłego-Rydza Przybyszewskiego south to west
- route 4 GAJ to Zajezdnia Pabianicką from Grota-Roweckiego at 18:39, 22:52 SSuX, 21:32 SO, 21:38, 22:48 SO Note these also use Plac Reymonta east to south
Zachodnia/Legionów south to east
- route 2 GAJ to Zajezdnia Telefoniczna at 18:24, 19:01, 23:26, 23:36 SSuX, 23:21 SO, 23:41 SuO
- route 3A GAJ or 3B GAJ to Zajezdnia Telefoniczna at 19:05, 19:13, 19:40, 22:59, 23:32 SSuX
- route 11 GAJ to Zajezdnia Telefoniczna at 18:41, 23:05, 23:18, 23:38 SSuX, 16:21, 23:06, 23:20, 23:40 SO, 23:07, 23:27, 23:47 SO
Zachodnia/Legionów west to north
- in use by diverted route 15 from at least May 2022 and continuing in August 2022
Departing Cm. Zarzew to the west
By August 2022 route 8 terminates at Zarzew using the curve to the east with no use of the curve to the west as it is shown as closed in the latest on-line map. Prior to this the following Depot journeys ran off route immediately by turning west.
- route 8A GAJ to Zajezdnia Chocianowice departing Zarzew at 17:35, 18:54 SSuX, 15:37, 19:24, 19:44, 20:08 SO, 16:04 SuO
The four long Urban routes
All were under threat of closure for years and each at some point has had no service, some parts unlikely to ever re-open.
- 41 to Pabianice was bus substituted as at September 2020 but finance for refurbishment has been obtained. This followed a closure from 14 May - 31 October 2017 after which a full service resumed, then that was suspended from at least December 2019 beyond stop Cegielniana (Ksawerów). By September 2020 there is no service beyond Chocianowice IKEA but upgrade work continues and an April 2021 press release advised the complete line upgrade would be completed in 2022.
- 43 West of the junction to the short turning circle branch at Zdrowie via Konstantynów to Lutomiersk closed from 2 March 2019 due to condition of track, with from the Zdrowie branch/loop to the junction at Legionów Wlókniarzy closing later. In October 2021 EU/local contributions finance to reinstate as far as Konstantynów was agreed and after two tenders, work has commenced for Completion in August 2023. However what this has revealed is that the Budget does not include work at the Legionów Wlókniarzy junction itself, so even after the Konstantynów service resumes it will terminate west of, and short of the junction with only against the flow early/late Depot runs running through to central Łódź.
Reinstating onwards from Konstantynów to Lutomiersk is less likely [and many parts of the infrastructure have already been stolen] but Lutomiersk Commune Council are now apparently interested as they passed a resolution on December 29 2021 to reactivate the tram line but this only committed the Mayor to forward letters to Konstantynów and Łódź Councils and the Prime Minister asking for financial help. Allegedly the Lutomiersk 2022 budget did not allocate funds for EU contract documentation so any re-opening plans at present will not proceed without external support...
Note the route 43 withdrawal meant a section in Łódź city centre from Wlókniarzy Legionów to Legionów [plus the west to north curve at Zachodnia/Legionów, see above entry] only covered by that route also closed and the former was noted without wires in September 2020. The second tender for Zdrowie to Konstantynów does NOT include re-instating this section.
- 45 Helenówek via Zgierz Kurak to Zgierz Plac Kilińskiego and
- 46 [Helenówek -] Zgierz Kurak via Zgierz Proboszczewice to Ozorków
Beyond the northern Łódź city boundary at Helenówek to Zgierz Plac Kilińskiego re-opened on 20 December 2021 as route number 6. This and to Ozorków had been bustituted from February 4 2018 due to condition of the infrastructure. Note if ticketing conditions are the same as before closure you will need extra zone coverage over and above all of Łódź zones to travel to Zgierz.
The junction at Zgierz Kurak with the Ozorków line was removed as part of the reopening to Zgierz Plac Kilińskiego works, and the wiring towards Ozorków dismantled before it was stolen. Since then Zgierz Council have applied for EU Funds to re-open from Zgierz Kurak to Zgierz Proboszczewice, the limit within their area. Re-opening any further towards Ozorków is considered highly unlikely as even the replacement bus service is irregular and does not run all day, plus the provisional re-instatement costs of several hundred million PLN vastly exceeds the annual budget of the Ozorków authorities.
Note the Tourist Tram entries as per 2021 and previous year use are shown separately below.
Poznań is a large system with no fewer than six Grand Junctions, normally with 15 day and two night routes plus a summertime circular 0 using historic vehicles. System map as at 1 August 2022 here. Use this link for the MPK timetable PDFs which show Depot runs by footnotes.
Wrocławska east to south
Not showing on any street maps, a temporary "climbing track" curve has been laid between the two permanent routes that converge to the west of the tram stop. This was in use by diverted routes 5, 6 & 9 until some time in the "first quarter of 2022" from early April 2021.
Rynek Wildecki west to east
Was used by diverted routes 9 and 18 for an unknown period from 13 December 2021
Polwiejska south to west
Was used by diverted route 9, then as at February 2022 by route 18 for an unknown period from 13 December 2021
Rondo Kaponiera West to North
In use by diverted route 3 from 13 December 2021. Previously by route 18 from at least 14 September 2021 until no later than 14 November 2021.
Most Tealtrany South to West
In use by route 18 from 13 December 2021.
Traugutta north to east
In use by diverted route 12 for an unknown period from 14 September until no later than 12 December 2021. Normal use is only by route 2 Depot runs to Starołęka from stop Pamiątkowa at 09:36, 19:13 SSuX and route 10 at 19:32 SSuX
Towarowa I and [Towarowa II recently renamed Poznań Glowny] - North to East curve towards Wierzbięcice
This ½ km connecting line that normally has no service was last in use from 17 October 2020 until no later than 12 December 2021 by diverted route 2. It was previously used only by summer Tourist Route 0 [see below].
Towarowa I and [Towarowa II recently renamed Poznań Glowny] and North to West curve
A Depot run via this connecting line and the rarer North to West curve prior to ongoing major city centre route closures was in the 14 September 2021 timetable on Route 18 from Ogrody to Głogowska/Hetmańska departing Rondo Kaponiera East at 23:10 Daily
Rondo Nowaka-Jeziorańskiego East to South
As at February 2022, Route 15 Depot runs to Zajezdni Głogowska departing Wojskowa at 09:24 SSuX, or route 9 at 19:40 SSuX
Glowgowska/Hetmańska North to East
In February 2022 due to route closures, routes 10, 11 and 39 were using this curve. Note route 11 to/from Dębiec had been using this curve earlier and is still doing so in August 2022 so MAY have been permanently re-routed.
Glowgowska/Hetmańska East to South
As at September 2021 only the curve was in use by route 14 from Górczyn to Starołęka Depot departing Górczyn at 22:43 & 23:03 Daily
Note this is also used by just one journey on Tourist route 0, see below section.
Traugutta South to West
Normally only journeys to Zajezdnia Glowgowska from Dębiec on route 2 at 21:56, 22:56, 23:15 Daily 12:09 SSuX, route 9 at 21:14 SSuX or 23:08 Daily or route 10 at 19:04 SSuX, 22:44 & 23:01 Daily.
Note after the above it is not possible to additionally travel Glowgowska/Hetmanska East to South as there is no stop after the curve before the Depot [but see above limited Depot runs to a different Depot, and Tourist Route 0 use below].
For the same reason it is not possible to travel the west to south curve at Glowgowska/Hetmanska on route 1,6,7, 15 or 17 Depot Runs, and note you will be asked to leave the tram at an alighting only stop BEFORE the curve, as trams not taking this curve use a stop after the junction.
Had been in use in February 2022 due to route closures by routes 10, 11 and 39. This had ended by August 2022.
Route 15 terminates in passenger service at a stop 1/3rd into the loop identically named to the one used by trams passing to/from Junikowo. Similarly for departures there is an in service pick up stop on the loop.
Rondo Starołęka East to North
No use by August 2022 as from 13 December 2021 route 13 ran this way. Previously only Night Route 201 ran via this curve and only in a clockwise direction but from an unknown date after September 2020 it was re-routed.
Rondo Starołęka West to South
As at September 2021 in use by Depot runs on route 14 from Górczyn to Starołęka departing Górczyn at 22:43 & 23:03 Daily. Previously used by diverted r 12 to/from Starołęka from 14 September until no later than 12 December 2021 and by a few Depot runs on routes 1 & 2.
Most Tealtrany West to North
Route 18 from no later than 15 November until 12 December 2021
Wierzbięcice east to south
Route 9 from 14 September until 12 December 2021.
Poznan Tourist Route 0
2021 dates were SSuO 15 May - 26 September with a revised route starting and ending in the Museum Tram Depot at Zajezdnia Madalińskiego at Traugutta. The entries are in the order of traversal.
This closed Depot is used for storage of the Tram Museums vehicles and any through journey will run via the Depot, arriving via the north to west Depot access line and departing towards Głogowska/Hetmańska.
Glowgowska/Hetmańska East to South and Museum Glogowowska
Only by the 12:20 from Zajezdnia Madalinskiego. The website Notice states "through the Głogowska Depot with a museum tour" so what this actually involves at Glogowowska is not confirmed. See above for limited use of the curve only by route 14 Starołęka Depot runs.
Rondo Kaponiera south to west
Journeys from Zajezdnia Madalinskiego at 11:05, 12:20, 13:55, 15:25 & 16:30
Rynek Jeżycki south to east
Journeys from Zajezdnia Madalinskiego at 11:05, 12:20, 13:55, 15:25 & 16:30
Kórnicka north to west
Journeys from Zajezdnia Madalinskiego at 11:05, 12:20, 13:55, 15:25 & 16:30
The following entries had been in use in 2020 or 2019 but not in 2021
Complete Plac Wielkopolski street loop
Route 0 in 2020, plus and probably only in service to a drop off stop part way round this sizeable loop by temporary route 36 from 18 September 2021 for an unknown period between 06:30 - 09:15 & 13:30 - 18:45 SSuX.
This short connecting curve where daytime routes split to travel different streets was used in 2019 by just two route 0 journeys.
Known entries as per timetables as at September 2021 come first, others not confirmed as still running from earlier years follow as timetables are not on the Tramwaje Szczecin website but at http://www.zditm.szczecin.pl/pasazer/rozklady-jazdy,wedlug-linii. Only a combined tram and bus map is available from ZDITM but it clearly shows the tram routes as at 27 September 2021. Three key sections were out of use at that time but with minimal effect to available rare curves.
Plac Rodła West to North
In use by diverted routes 1, 5 & 12 for an unknown period
Wawrzyniaka north to west
- A traveller advises use by at least Route 7 Journeys from Zajezdnia Pogodna to Krzekowo departing Plac Galczyńskiego at 14:00 and 14:10
Szczecin was first databased following a visit in October 2015 so details from then but not updated for September 2021 are listed here for reference.
Ul. Dworcowa loop
Note this is a clockwise only single track street loop not shown on the latest maps which logically is being scheduled as the quickest way to reach the relevant Depot. Note that only the Route 2 entries were shown in the PDF's as doing the complete loop in service and there was no route 2 running in September 2021. For the others there is a stop of the same name on Route 6 at which you may be asked to leave the tram.
- Route 2 towards Zajezdnia Golęcin departing Wyszyńskiego at 19:25 19:45 20:05 on Sundays and public holidays before a working day, except for summer holidays. These are the only services that have PDF timings into and out of this loop, and continue to traverse Plac Rodła South to East
- Route 3 departing Wyszyńskiego at 23:07 SSuX This journey had a PDF footnote advising the tram continues to Zajezdni Golęcin via Plac Rodła but its PDF timings stop at Dworcowa
- Route 8 departing Wyszyńskiego at 20:26 SSuX 18:26 SO 23:16 Daily The PDF had a footnote advising the trams Terminate at Dworcowa
Plac Rodła South to East
- Route 3 From Pomorzany towards Zajezdnia Golęcin at 20:27 23:20 SSuX
Additionally the timetable footnote advises a tram from Las Arkoński towards Zajezdnia Golęcin via Dworcowa loop may run this way but its last PDF time is arriving at Dworcowa at 23:09 SSuX so it is not clear if this will continue onwards via this curve in service
- Route 2 towards Zajezdnia Golęcin departing Plac Rodła at 19:33 19:53 20:13 on Sundays and public holidays before a working day, except for summer holidays. These also have PDF timings shown for running via the Dworcowa street loop.
Plac Szarych Szeregów avoider, i.e. South to North curve
- Route 3 off-route towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów South at 20:01 SSuX plus not summer holidays
- Route 4 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów South at 17:44 SSuX
- Route 5 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów West at 20:19 23:15 SSuX 18:19 22:39 22:55 23:15 SSuO
- Route 7 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów West at 11:50 19:02 20:10 SSuX 19:49 SSuO 22:50 23:05 23:25 Daily
- Route 12 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów South at 08:32 08:44 08:56 10:32 17:26 17:50 18:44 SSuX
Piastów South to West
- Route 4 between approximately 07:10 - 17:10 SSuX
Brama Portowa West to North
- Route 10 between approximately 05:35 - 19:50 SSuX 08:50 - 17:30 SSuO
In April 2022, although engineering works had closed sections of routes 1 and 3 from Wały gen. Sikorskiego to the street loops around Sienkiewicza and Reja there were no unusual sections in all day use. The official website with timetables are here. The official MPK tram map is dated 2017 so does not show any closures... nor the under construction new line to Jar.
In Summer/Autumn 2020 the northern of the two east west cross town routes was closed between Odrodzenia and Sienkiewicza with route 1 using two rare curves at Sienkiewicza south to north and north to west to/from Uniwersytet and route 2 southbound only towards Motoarena diverted via the not normally used in service north/south city centre connecting line via stop Uniwersytecka (PKS). It is not known when these diversions ended.
A huge system with a strong possibility of rare sections in use at any time. The timetables can be located here, any route in the list with a ! in a triangle is not running its normal route, numbers 40 and above are temporary. The entries below are as in use in October 2021 or earlier reports. A route map dated July 2022 is here. Select any route and a stop list in one direction is loaded, the double arrow button changes route direction. Once loaded click on any stop name to display a list of journeys and those off route are suffixed with a letter. Select that trip and all timings are displayed plus a line indicating from where the tram goes off normal route.
On stops before junctions there are arrows alongside each route number to indicate the direction trams take. Note if purchasing tickets from machines at stops by card that it will dispense a receipt first...
The Metro Mlociny track layout is a diamond shape with triangles at the north and south apexes. Trams run anti-clockwise round the diamond. The arrival platform from the north (lines 2 & 6) is on the NW side and the main departure platforms are on the SE side. Lines 10 & 33 do almost a complete circuit on departure, with the exception of the NW - NE curve of the south triangle, which is done by line 2 (and probably 6) on departure from the single platform on the SW side.
Zajezdnia Wola north to west
- from stop Młynarska to Rogalińska at 09:25, 09:40, 09:57, 18:16, 19:16 SSuX 19:49, 22:58, 23:08, 23:10, 23:17, 23:35, 23:37 Daily 23:28, 23:48, 23:58 SSuO on routes 20, 23 and 24. Note these will also use Metro Płocka east to south >>>
Metro Płocka east to south
- <<< In addition to the journeys listed above via Zajezdnia Wola north to west, there are journeys only doing this curve from stop Zajezdnia Wola [East] on journeys to Rogalińska between 09:23 and 10:21 SSuX on routes 9, 13, 20, 23, 24 & 27 plus numerous journeys after 18:27 to end of service SSuX. At weekends only in the evenings after 19:37.
Nowowiejska west to south
- from stop NIK towards GAJ Mokotow at 09:16, 09:29, 09:36, 10:13, 18:11, 18:29, 19:06, 19:17, 19:30, 19:32, 20:07, then intermittently until 00:23 SSuX, 19:09, 19:44, 19:47, 20:20 and a few from 22:27 SSuO on routes 1, 7, 9 and 25
Note these journeys will also use Mokotow Depot approach north to west curve to Woronicza stop 10
Pl. Narutowicza square & loop
A large square where East to South routes 14 & 15 split using opposite sides. Additionally there is an internal loop used by timetabled Route 1 short workings roughly every 12/15 minutes daily from stop Ochota-Ratusz. These arrive and depart from the same stop on the East side and is the only route using three curves, the west side north to east, and on departing back towards Ochota-Ratusz the east side south to west and north side east to north.
Radiowa south to east
- route 28 from Kazubów to Zajezdnia Wola at 09:27, 18:39, 23:09 SSuX, 22:59 SSuO
Rondo Waszyngtona east to north
- route 9 from stop Berezyńska to Wojnicka at 23:57 Daily and from stop al. Zieleniecka 07 at 04:02 Daily, 04:22, 04:51 SSuX towards Rondo Wiatraczna
This northern suburbs terminus has different end points for each route. Route 17 uses a stop halfway round a sizeable loop whereas route 2 reverses in a headshunt beyond a stop not on the loop.
Woronicza loop & North to East curve
Any tram terminating at Woronicza loop from the north as opposed to the adjacent Depot [see below entry] has its last and first stops after the east and north junctions respectively. Due to these stops straddling a very busy road junction passengers were allowed to remain on board and travelled the complete loop to alight at the Departure stop. In Oct 2017 two all day routes were scheduled to terminate at Woronicza, one ran as described and the other terminated from the east so used different curves on/off the loop. Both had ended by at least Autumn 2020 so it is believed there is no longer scheduled use of the curve or loop.
Zajezdnia Mokotów approach curves to Woronicza stop 10
Any Zajezdnia Mokotów journeys must use one of three unusual curves at the nearby "Grand" junction to call at Woronicza stop 10 on the Depot approach line as all main route tram stops are after the junction. As at October 2021 they were:-
- north to west curve: By all Depot journeys listed in the Nowowiejska west to south entry plus from Wołoska on Route 17 20:08, 21:25/45, 22:47, 23:07/26/37 SSuX 20:12, 22:47, 23:07/57 SSuO Temporary Route 41 19:02/38, 21:03 SSuX
- south to west curve: From Konstruktorska on Route 17 09:19, 09:31, 18:21, 23:21/41 SSuX 19:16, 23:33, 23:43, 00:03 SSuO Route 18 08:53, 09:16/39, 18:27, 21:01, 23:05/15 SSuX 21:54, 22:26/48, 23:06/26 SSuO Route 31 09:12/37, 18:25 SSuX Temporary route 41 09:15, 09:37, 18:26, 18:50, 20:46, 21:05 SSuX
- east to west: From Samochodowa on Route 4 at 10:06, 19:18, 20:50, 21:50 SSuX, 23:38, 23:58 SSuO, 00:08 SuMO, Route 10 at 09:16, 09:40, 10:01, 18:28, 18:52, 20:26, 20:46, 21:06, 21:33, 23:39 SSuX, 19:46, 20:33, 23:40, 00:00, 00:20 SSuO, 22:56, 23:14, 23:34, 23:54 Daily, Route 15 at 09:30, 18:42, 20:31, 21:05, 21:12 SSuX, 23:56, 00:16, 00:36 Daily, route 18 at 10:00, 18:37, 19:25, 21:04/44 23:03/23/43 SSuX 19:31 SSuO, Route 31 20:35, 22:05/25/45 SSuX or route 35 at 09:31, 09:55, 18:43, 19:07 SSuX, 20:00 SSuO, 20:07 SSuX 23:44, 23:54, 00:14 Daily
Overall this should be treated as an indication of rare track seeing use over a period of years and NOT what is available now. Dates of use [where known] are quoted as a basis for travellers to make their own enquiries as Wrocław is a growing system of over 250 track km's with not just rare curves but connecting lines with no regular service, some used for just a few journeys a day. Wrocław was first databased following a visit in October 2015.
Timetable changes are very frequent so much so that the MPK map is never normally up to date as the timetables where any route not running its regular route is "boxed" and highlighted and any route number over 70 is temporary. Also to note this map does not show the connecting LINES with no regular service [i.e. some of the entries below], plus includes bus routes so is cluttered.
As a further indication of the frequent changes, just prior to the BLS Wrocław area railtour the following were not running to their normal routing and were in regular use up to 24 June 2022 as opposed to odd or Depot workings.
Route 1 : The connecting line 8 maja north to south - Hala Stulecia north to east & Piastowska north to east
Route 15: Pl. Jan Pawla II East to North
Routes 31/32 : Dworzec Świebodzki - pl. Orląt Lwowskich west to south
Route 33: The connecting line Katedra south to north - Ogrod Botaniczny south to east
Route 70: Pl. Staszica North to East, Piastowska north to east & the connecting line 8 maja north to south - Hala Stulecia north to west
Route 74: Pl. Jan Pawla II East to North
Most ceased regular use with effect from Saturday 25th June when a different road closure resulted in other rare curves coming into use...
To locate rare journeys, after drilling into the required route the page displayed will show both directions alongside each other. All off route journeys are shown with a footnote and then listed separately further down the same webpage. Alternatively select Wyszystkie Przystanki from an example route to reach a list of stops. Drilling down into this gives all departure times with off route journeys again having a footnote.
The entries are listed alphabetically to a nearby or last stop before any rare section. Any journeys travelling more than one section of rare track are hopefully linked by identical symbols to assist the traveller.
8 maja - Hala Stulecia
A connecting line between two branches in the north east of the City with triangular junctions at either end. If works associated with an approved tender start as planned, this line and unknown curve combinations MAY be in regular use for a period from 25 June 2022.
- 8 maja north to south and Hala Stulecia north to east: Route 16 from Stadion Olimpijski to Zoo at 09:16 SSuX as at February 2022.
A traveller advises this tram arrives at Stadion Olimpijski as a terminating route 11, but does not use the loop but changes route/blinds after arrival so may not be initially obvious... These curves were previously in use by route 4 but only eastbound towards Wrocław Zoo for an unknown period in Summer 2020
- 8 maja east to south and Hala Stulecia north to east: Route 16 from Sępolno to Zoo at 06:04 SSuX as at February 2022
- 8 maja north to south and Hala Stulecia north to west: Last known use by clockwise route 0P for an unknown period from 22 August 2020
Arkady North to East
- Route 7 from Arkady north to Zajezdnia Gaj at 10:09, 20:48, 00:29 SSuX
- Route 20 from Arkady north to Zajezdnia Gaj at 21:23, 21:35, 23:16 SSuX, 23:15 SSuO
- Route 20 from Dworzec Glowny (Stawowa) towards Lesnica at 04:14, 04:29, 04:44, 05:11, 13:30 SSuX, 05:55 SSuO
In regular use by routes 8 and 9 from 7 November 2020 to "end of January 2021" due to work at Glowny.
Arkady South to West
In use by diverted route 15 from 22 February 2022. Normally only used by
- route 4 from Zaolziańska to Oporów at 04:04, 04:26, 04:31, 05:03 SSuX 05:52 SSuO
- route 11 from Zaolziańska at 12:49, 13:17, 13:58 SSuX, plus numerous very early journeys
- route 15 from Zaolziańska at 04:29
- route 31 from Zaolziańska at 04:19, 04:31, 04:40, 04:46, 04:49, 05:01, 05:06, 05:19, 13:27 SSuX 04:36, 04:38, 04:56, 04:58 SSuO
- route 33 from Zaolziańska at 04:09, 04:14, 04:24, 04:34, 04:39, 04:44, 04:54, 06:06, 06:07, 13:48 SSuX 04:06, 04:29, 04:46, 04:48, 05:03, 05:06, 05:18, 07:03, 15;53 SSuO
- route 74 from Zaolziańska at 04:34, 04:53 SSuX
- route 5 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 18:34, 23:13 SSuX & route OL 23:58 SSuX
- route 11 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 09:37, 11:19, 18:14, 18:24, 20:21, 20:42 SSuX 23:27, 23:47, 00:03, 00:07, 00:27 Daily
- route 31 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 11:27, 20:46, 21:06 SSuX, 23:23, 23:50, 00:00 Daily or route 74 at 22:31 SSuX, 23:04, 23:22 Daily
- route 33 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek 11:33, 20:25, 21:16 SSuX
- route 74 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 20:36, 23:04, 23:22 SSuX 22:31 SSuO
Dolmed north to west
The line from the triangle junction north of Dolmed to Śrbowa was long term closed for engineering works and before then in 2015 this curve was only used by two pairs of Depot workings. From 30 October 2021 it is used regularly by route 20 which also run via the new east to north curve at Śrubowa.
Dyrekcyjna East to South
- route 8 from Joannitów to Tarnogaj at 04:47, 05:04 14:21 SSuX 04:40, 05:00, 05:05, 05:25 SSuO
- route 8 from Joannitów to Zajezdnia GAJ at 20:21, 20:48, 23:12 SSuX, 23:32 & 23:42 Daily
- route 9 from Joannitów to Park Południowy at 09:50 SSuX
- route 16 from Hubska (Dawida) for Zajezdni GAJ at 09:44, 18:47 SSuX, 22:34 Daily, 22:56 SSuO, 23:00 SSuX [$]
- route 16 from Sanocka towards Stadion Olimpijski at 04:51, 04:53, 05:43, 06:04 SSuX, 05:28, 05:55 SO, 06:15, 07:15 SuO, 09:01 SSuO [$]
Hallera west to south
As at February 2022
- route 4 from Gajowicka to Zajezdnia Borek at 10:05, 22:49 SSuX, 23:27, 23:50, 00:05 Daily & 19:46 SSuO or from Zajezdnia Borek to Oporów at 04:26, 04:32, 04:36, 04:47, 05:05, 06:10 SSuX, 04:28, 04:51 SSuO
- route 5 from Gajowicka to Zajezdnia Borek at 09:42, 18:26, 23:31 SSuX, 22:36, 23:31 SSuO or from Zajezdnia Borek to Oporów at 04:57, 05:36, 06:14, 13:35 SSuX, 04:32, 05:08 SSuO
- route 11 from Gajowicka to Zajezdnia Borek at 11:42, 20:48 SSuX, 22:54, 23:15, 23:42, 23:56, 00:15 Daily or from Zajezdnia Borek to Stadion Olimpijski at 04:16, 04:40, 13:46 SSuX, 04:14, 04:17, 04:29 SSuO or to Grabiszyńska at 04:23, 04:34, 04:50, 05:05, 05:27 SSuX, 04:27, 04:51, 08:29 SSuO
- route 20 from Gajowicka to Zajezdnia Borek at 18:48, 20:36, 20:57 SSuX 23:19, 23:46 Daily or from Zajezdnia Borek to Grabiszynek/Oporów at 04:20, 04:38, 04;40, 04:54, 05:11, 05:22, 05:49, 13:21 SSuX, 04:35, 04:41 SSuO
- route 70 from Zajezdnia Borek to FAT at 04:32, 04:46, 05:01, 05:16, 05:32, 06:02, 14:02 SSuX, 04:05, 04:22, 04:45, 04:56, 05:16 SSuO
Katedra - Ogrod Botaniczny
A connecting line with no regular service with triangular junctions at each end.
- Katedra east to north - Ogrod Botaniczny south to west: From Ogrod Botaniczny on route 2 at 04:19, 06:07, 06:18, 13:41 & 14:29 SSuX or route 10 at 04:41, 05:44, 14:19 SSuX, 04:48, 05:04 SSuO: From Katedra east route 10 at 18:24, 18:55, 20:37 SSuX, 23:43, 00:16 Daily [^]
- Katedra south to north - Ogrod Botaniczny south to east: Northbound only diverted route 2 and 10 from 22 August 2020
- Katedra south to north - Ogrod Botaniczny south to west: From Na Szańcach on route 16 at 04:27, 04:35, 05:51 SSuX, 05:05, 05:25 SO, 06:25, 06:45 SuO plus from Katedra south on route 16 to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 23:04 SSuX [^]
An alternative partly single track route of around 500 metres between Dmowskiego and Pomorska in the North west part of the City Centre including a river bridge 50 metres to the north of the usual tracks on routes 0, 14 and 24.
In 2015 and at least until 28 August 2020 it was scheduled for limited use, with trams arriving on one route, a layover and continuing as a different route. However from 29 August 2020 no scheduled use could be found and none in October 2021.
Piastowska north to east
- Route 16 from Prusa towards Stadion Olimpijski at 04:38, 04:51, 13:43, 14:16, 17:23 SSuX
- Route 16 from Grunwaldzka towards Zajezdnia Ołbin at 17:44, 18:08, 18:36, 20:39 SSuX, 22:28 SSuO, 22:48 Daily
- Was used by diverted clockwise route 0P for an unknown period from 22 August 2020
Piastowska west to south
In use by diverted route 1 and temporary route 70 from 22 February 2022 for an unknown period. Used northbound only by diverted route 2 and 10 for an unknown period from 22 August 2020 [♦] Normally only used by
- route 4 journeys from Zajezdnia Ołbin to Biskupin departing stop Górnicki at 04:27, 04:36, 04:52, 05:22 or 13:51 SSuX 04:44 SSuO
Pomorska - Dubois
A connecting line between two north south routes normally with no regular service with triangular junctions at either end
Pomorska west to east to Dubois west to north:
- from Pomorska west to Zajezdni Ołbin at 20:07, 22:36 SSuX 23:08, 23:25 SSuO on route 74 and 23:05 Daily on route 20 [@]
- from Dubois towards Lesnica at 03:46, 03:57, 04:14, 05:04 SSuX on route 10 [%]
Pomorska north to east to Dubois west to north [these do not call at any tram stop at Pomorska]:
In use by diverted routes 1 & 8 and temporary route 70 from 22 February 2022 for an unknown period. [♦] Normally just
- from Pl Staszica to Zajezdnia DĄBIE on route 2 at 04:19, 04:51, 05:11 SSuO or 04:09 SSuX, 04:07, 04:27 SSuO on route 9 to Sępolno, 04:47 SSuX on route 16 to Tarnogaj [~], 04:56 SSuO on route 17 to Sępolno [~] and 04:43 SSuX, 08:18 SSuO on route 10 to Zajezdnia DĄBIE [~]
Pomorska west to south & Dubois west to south
- No scheduled use as at February 2022
Pl. Bema north to east
- route 2 from Na Szańcach to diverted route towards Zajezdnia DĄBIE at 05:48 SSuX, 04:25, 04:57, 05:17 SSuO
- route 9 from Na Szańcach to Sępolno at 06:24, 14:36 SSuX
- route 17 from Na Szańcach to Sępolno at 04:35 SSux
- route 17 from Ogród Botaniczny to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 18:50 SSuX, 22:42, 23:22 Daily
- route 23 from Ogród Botaniczny at 21:09 SSuX to Kowale
- From Katedra east on route 10 at 18:24, 18:55, 20:37 SSuX, 23:43, 00:16 Daily [^]
- From Na Szańcach on route 16 at 04:27, 04:35, 05:51 SSuX, 05:05, 05:25 SO, 06:25, 06:45 SuO plus from Katedra south at 23:04 SSuX [^]
Pl. Bema West to East
In use by diverted route 1 and temporary route 70 from 22 February 2022 for an unknown period. [♦] Normally just
- from Pl Staszica at 04:19, 04:51, 05:11 SSuO 04:27 SSuO to join diverted route 2, 04:09 SSuX 04:07, 04:27 SSuO on route 9 to Sępolno and 04:56 SSuO on route 17 to Sępolno [~]
Pl. Bema South to West
- In use by diverted route 8 and routes 6 or 23 [that change route here after "terminating" before or after Pl Bema] from 22 February 2022 for an unknown period
Pl. Jan Pawla II North to West
- route 10 from Dworzec Nadodrze via Pl. Staszica to Lesnica at 03:52, 04:03, 04:20, 05:10 SSuX 08:24 SSuO [#]
- route 10 from Dubois towards Lesnica at 03:46, 03:57, 04:14, 05:04 SSuX [%]
- route 20 to Zajezdni Ołbin at 23:02 Daily
Pl. Jan Pawla II East to North
In use by diverted route 15 and temporary route 74 from 22 February 2022. Normally only used by
- route 20 from Rynek at 22.59 Daily to Zajezdnia Ołbin [@]
Pl. Staszica North to East
As at February 2022
- route 15 from Kleczkowska to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 20:01 SSuX 23:30 Daily or from Dworzec Nadodrze to Poświętne at 05:11, 05:23, 06:23, 14:13 SSuX, 04:34, 04:54 SSuO Note the towards Poświętne journeys will depart Dworzec Nadodrze via the rare north side east to west curve.
- route 70 from Kleczkowska to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 18:23, 20:54, 22:33 SSuX, 23:09, 23:28 SSuO or from Dworzec Nadodrze to Osobowice at 04:55, 05:57, 13:55, 14:16 SSuX, 04:49, 05:08, 05:25 SSuO Note the towards Osobowice journeys will depart Dworzec Nadodrze via the rare north side east to west curve.
- route 74 from Kleczkowska to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 09:43, 18:43, 19:45, 20:28 SSuX, 22:59, 23:18 SSuO and from Dworzec Nadodrze to Osobowice at 04:48, 05:13, 06:16, 20:33 SSuX, 04:40 SSuO Note the towards Osobowice journeys will depart Dworzec Nadodrze via the rare north side east to west curve.
Previously in use by diverted route 15, 70 and 74 in October 2021.
Prudnika north to west
A new constructed line opening on 22 June 2019 from Pulaskiego to Prudnika via an intermediate stop named Hubska (Dawida) is used by route 16. The normal south route terminus is Tarnogaj but the following Depot journeys use a north to west curve north of stop Prudnika.
- Route 16 from Hubska (Dawida) to Zajezdni GAJ at 09:44, 22:40 SSuX or from Sanocka towards Stadion Olimpijski at 04:51, 05:43, 06:22 SSuX, 05:28, 05:55 SO, 06:15, 07:15 SuO [$]
In regular use by routes 0L, 0P and 4 from 7 November 2020 to "end of January 2021" due to work at Glowny.
Renoma North to West
- In use from at least 2 January 2022 by route 23 and from 22 February 2022 additionally by routes 3,10 & 33. Previously used from unknown date to 29 October 2021 by diverted routes 3, 10 and 20 ♂
Renoma West to pl. Orląt Lwowskich North
- In use from 22 February 2022 by diverted routes 3,10 & 33. Previous use from unknown date to 29 October 2021 by diverted routes 10 and 33
Renoma West - pl. Orląt Lwowskich East to West - Dworzec Świebodzki
- In use at October 2021 by route 20 and from 2 January 2022 by routes 20 and 23. Dworzec Świebodzki is the first stop on a 2km part of a new 7km line to be fully opened in 2023 so it is not known if this will remain the regular route. ♂
Dworzec Świebodzki - pl. Orląt Lwowskich west to south
As at February 2022
- route 23 from Dworzec Świebodzki to Zajezdnia Borek at 09:39, 18:20, 20:50, 22:45 SSuX or from pl. Legionów to Wrocławski Park Przemysłowy at 04:49, 06:03 SSuX, 05:19 SO
Rynek North to West
- This curve is single track so only possible in this direction. Note the platform at Rynek is on the curve so to ensure complete track coverage you must travel from Pomorska to Pl. Jan Pawla II. Was in regular use in 2015, none in August 2020 or October 2021.
Route 31 can be advertised on trams and stops as running to Krolewiecka which is 200 metres before the Stadion. All services are worked by double ended trams so as there is no pointwork at Krolewiecka, even if no event and all passengers have left the vehicle, they run to Stadion to reverse.
Świdnicka south to west
- Route 3 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:03, 04:10, 04:28, 04:53, 05:14, 05:50 SSuX 04:20, 04:25 SSuO
- route 10 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:25, 04:42, 04:57, 05:32 SSuX, 04:15, 04:28, 04:40 SSuO
- route 23 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:24, 04:39, 04:54, 05:09 SSuX, 04:59 SO,06:39 SuO
- route 33 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:15, 04:30, 04:45, 05:00, 06:23 SSuX, 04:50, 05:10, 05:31, 05:50 SO 06:10, 06:30 SSuO, 06:50, 07:10, 07:30, 07:50 SuO
- Route 3 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 21:40, 23:00 SSuX, 23:40 SSuO
- Route 10 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 20:40 SSuX
- route 23 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 23:21, 23:28 Daily
- route 33 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 20:45 SSuX, 22:34, 22:54, 23:13 Daily
The next two entries are single track so are only possible in one direction
Świdnicka east to north
As at 28 February 2022
- route 2 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Galeria Dominikańska at 23:56 Daily
- route 3 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Galeria Dominikańska at 18:26, 23:10, 23:30 SSuX 23:30, 23:46 Daily
- route 4 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Galeria Dominikańska at 10:26, 19:07, 19:11, 23:04, 23:41 SSuX
- route 5 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Galeria Dominikańska at 23:00 Daily
- route 10 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Galeria Dominikańska at 18:28, 20:57, 23:28, 23:47, 00:06, 00:26, 00:35 SSuX, 23:47, 00:06, 00:35 SSuO
Świdnicka west to north
In regular use by diverted northbound route 6 in October 2021. When that resumes normal route only used by Depot runs which in February 2022 were:-
- route 10 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Świdnicka at 21:19 SSuX, 00:18, 00:28 SSuO
Urząd Wojewódzki north to south
- Route 16 from Katedra to Tarnogaj at 07:10 SuO as at 22 February 2022. Note this journey will also travel the rare two curves and connecting line Ogrod Botaniczny south to west to and via Katedra south to north
Wrocław Głowny South to East
- route 0L 04:59 SSuX plus Route 3 at 04:31, 04:53 SSuX, 04:24, 04:44, 05:04 SSuO journeys towards Leśnica via Pułaskiego.
Note numerous other route 3 Depot runs go south to north at Głowny to and from the line of route at Galeria Dominikanska so August 2015 use of this curve eastbound was only confirmed by the driver manually changing the points.
- 23:45 Daily route 3 from Pułaskiego to Zajezdnia GAJ
[Wrocław Głowny -] Park Staromiejski south to west and Opera east to north towards Świdnicka
- route 10 from Wrocław Głowny at 04:36 SSuX, 04:22 SSuO plus 04:18 on route 23
- route 10 from Świdnicka to Zajezdnia GAJ at 23:53 Daily, 00:01, 00:13 SSuX, 23:04:, 23:31, 23:53 SSuO, 00:13 SSuO
There is a complicated circle of tracks with junctions around the Square outside the PKP station with routes approaching from four different streets plus a Depot exit. Illustrating this, in 2015 one timetabled Route 24 late evening service from Plac Staszica did a complete circuit anti-clockwise back towards Plac Staszica with booked calls at three different stops all named Nadodrze!
The rarest line is north to south on the east side with a triangle at each end as it has no stop on it. If a clockwise circular route OP tram is on driver change blocking the south side route, other services from Pl Staszica towards Słowiańska [the final stop for Zajezdnia Ołbin Depot journeys] have an alternative of running via the north side of the square via the curve from the west to the north side, call, then use a west to south curve onto the east side plus the east side north to south curve. This scenario happened on a Sunday evening journey towards Słowiańska on 18/10/2015. The north to south side of the triangle to/from Trzebricka has no service.
From 22 February 2022 for an unknown period the west to north curve to/from the north side stop at Wroclaw Nadodrze is in use by diverted routes 1 & 8 to/from Pl Staszica.
- In October 2021 routes 15 and 74 northbound from Dubois were diverted to Plac Staszica so the only option was an anti-clockwise circuit via the single track south to east, then the south side west to north curve to the east side, south to west to the north side, and finally the east to west curve towards Pl Staszica.
As at February 2022 of that combination only the single track south to east curve is scheduled by route 7 from Paulinska to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 23:08 SSuO
- in reverse in October 2021 routes 15 and 74 from Pl Staszica only needed to use a single track north side west to south curve to head towards Dubois. This has no scheduled use in February 2022.