This page lists the Printed Maps that are referenced in EGTRE.
Publication dates and ISBN details are provided where known.
European Rail Atlas (All-Europe Enthusiast Edition)
by M.G. Ball. Version date: 1 August 2020.
The Enthusiast Edition of the European Railway Atlas depicts the national network railways of Europe (everywhere west of the Russian border). All passenger, freight and proposed lines are shown, as are most heritage railways, though most metros are excluded.
Main lines are distinguished from secondary and single track from multiple. Electrification systems and track gauges are shown and there is a full index of stations and heritage railways. The atlas also has the key in nineteen European languages. For ordering and other details see European Rail Atlas Website.
European Rail Atlas (Regional series)
by M.G.Ball. The Regional Atlas Series is a development of the original European Railway Atlas and is aimed at those railway enthusiasts, travellers and railway professionals who want greater detail. The maps are drawn to larger scales and show all stations on the National Networks.
All passenger, freight and proposed lines are shown, as are heritage railways, though some metros are excluded or simplified. Main lines are distinguished from secondary and single track from multiple. Electrification systems and track gauges are shown. There is a also full index of stations and heritage railways, together with weblinks.
The following regions are available. Follow the link for ordering and other details.
- Britain and Ireland
- Czech Republic and Slovakia
- France and Benelux (covers France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg)
- Italy Version date: 5 February 2020.
- Nordic (covers Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark)
- Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova
- Spain and Portugal
- The Balkans (covers Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Albania and Greece)
- The Baltic States, Belarus and Ukraine (covers Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Kaliningrad, Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova)
Schweers+Wall Eisenbahnatlas series
Published by Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH, but their website address now links only to the Eisenbahn Kurier online shop Rail Atlases page.
Some of these maps are also available from Platform 5 Publishing.
The following books have been or are available. Each link leads to ordering and other details on the Eisenbahn Kurier online shop.
- Eisenbahnatlas Griechenland
- Eisenbahnatlas Frankreich Band 1: Nord
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz
- Eisenbahnatlas Österreich
- Eisenbahnatlas Europäische Union
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland
- Atlante ferroviaro d'Italia e Slovenia / Eisenbahnatlas Italien und Slowenien (ISBN 978-3-89494-129-1, published 2010) (does not appear to be presently available for purchase)
See also General Information - Maps