This page lists the Printed Maps that are referenced in EGTRE.
Publication dates and ISBN details are provided where known.
Note that in some countries, particularly those using the Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, transliterations of station names to Latin characters do not always correspond with those in official publications.
European Rail Atlas (All-Europe Enthusiast Edition)
by M.G. Ball. Version date: 1 August 2020.
The Enthusiast Edition of the European Railway Atlas depicts the national network railways of Europe (everywhere west of the Russian border). All passenger, freight and proposed lines are shown, as are most heritage railways, though most metros are excluded.
Main lines are distinguished from secondary and single track from multiple. Electrification systems and track gauges are shown and there is a full index of stations and heritage railways. The atlas also has the key in nineteen European languages. For ordering and other details see European Rail Atlas Website.
European Rail Atlas (Regional series)
The Regional Atlas Series is a development of the original European Railway Atlas and is aimed at those railway enthusiasts, travellers and railway professionals who want greater detail. The maps are drawn to larger scales and show all stations on the National Networks.
All passenger, freight and proposed lines are shown, as are heritage railways, though some metros are excluded or simplified. Main lines are distinguished from secondary and single track from multiple. Electrification systems and track gauges are shown. There is a also full index of stations and heritage railways, together with weblinks.
The following regions are available. Follow the link for ordering and other details.
- Austria Version date 25 March 2019.
- Britain and Ireland Version date 1 January 2021.
- Czech Republic and Slovakia ISBN 978-1-9161212-0-1, version date 6 May 2020.
- France and Benelux (covers France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) ISBN 978-1-9997875-4-7, version date 25 March 2019.
- Germany Version date 25 July 2019.
- Hungary Version date 1 May 2019.
- Italy Version date 5 February 2020.
- Nordic (covers Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark) Version date 1 January 2020.
- Poland Version date 5 February 2020.
- Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova Version date 1 January 2020.
- Spain and Portugal ISBN 978-1-9997875-5-4, version date 5 February 2020.
- Switzerland Version date 1 August 2019.
- The Balkans (covers Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Albania and Greece) Version date 6 May 2020.
- The Baltic States, Belarus and Ukraine (covers Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Kaliningrad, Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova) Version date 1 January 2020.
Schweers+Wall Eisenbahnatlas series
Published by Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH, but their website address now links only to the Eisenbahn Kurier online shop Rail Atlases page.
These atlases, with keys in German English and other languages, show railways at 1:150 000 or 1:300.000 scale, with enlargements for most large towns and cities. Single and double-track lines, electrified and freight-only railways are distinguished. Passenger train operators other than those of the national company are noted next to lines that they use; privately-owned lines and leased lines, with the operator as well if different. The gauge of narrow-gauge lines is stated. Lines out of use and those entirely closed are also shown. Details can occasionally be confused in congested areas, particularly because parallel lines are used to show railways with more than two tracks. Built-up areas, motorways, rivers, canals and forests are depicted.
The following books have been or are available. Each link leads to ordering and other details on the Eisenbahn Kurier online shop. Some of these maps are also available from Platform 5 Publishing.
- Eisenbahnatlas Griechenland ISBN 978-3-89494-148-2, published 2018.
- Eisenbahnatlas Frankreich Band 1: Nord ISBN 978-3-89494-143-7, published 2015.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz ISBN 3-89494-122-7, published 2012. A new edition is expected to be published in 2021.
- Eisenbahnatlas Österreich ISBN 3-89494-138-3, published 2010. A new edition is expected to be published in March 2021.
- Eisenbahnatlas Europäische Union published 2017.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland ISBN 978-3-89494-149-9, published 2020.
- Atlante ferroviaro d'Italia e Slovenia / Eisenbahnatlas Italien und Slowenien - ISBN 978-3-89494-129-1, published 2010 (does not appear to be presently available for purchase)
by W. Kolondra, published by Eurosprinter, a Polish company.
- Mapa Kolejowa Bułgarii (covers Bulgaria) published 2015.
- Mapa Kolejowa Litwy, Łotwy i Estonii (covers Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia) published 2013.
- Mapa Kolejowa Rumunii (covers Romania) published 2014.
- Mapa Kolejowa Serbii, Kosowa, Czarnogóry (covers Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro) published 2019.
- Mapa Kolejowa Węgier i Słowacji (covers Hungary and Slovakia) published 2015.
World Rail Atlas series
by Neil Robinson.
- World Rail Atlas Vol. 7 North, East and Central Africa - ISBN 978-954-92184-3-5, First Edition, published December 2009.
- World Rail Atlas Vol. 8 The Middle East and Caucasus - ISBN: 978-954-12-0128-2, First Edition, published August 2006.
Quail Map Company series
The Quail Map Company (formerly of Lincoln Road, Exeter, UK EX4 2DZ) has ceased trading. The following list of maps is given for reference, but most are quite old and out of date. However they generally contain useful historical and other supplementary information.
- Railway Map of Estonia - ISBN 1-898319-26-X, Second Edition, published 1997.
- Railway Map of Latvia, Lithuania and Russia (Kaliningrad Region) - ISBN 1-898319-20-0, Second Edition, published 1996.
- Railway Map of Greece - ISBN 1-898319-48-X, Third Edition, published 2001.
See also General Information - Maps