Poland - Lines with Obscure or Sparse passenger services
PKP now releases PDFs for both part and all of the current timetable year so this list is based on those for the period 9 December 2018 to 14 December 2019 which suggested unusual lines use commencing later in 2019. Travellers are strongly advised to check the Journey Planners for ALL Unusual lines timings as revised PDFs are issued on a regular basis.
In 2016 a number of one off specials were included in the full year PDFs but this has not occurred since. These were mainly frequent excursions run by Turkol (Turystyka Kolejowa. Many involve the Wolsztyn steam engines and freight only track but not all visited on these Tours will be EGTRE Unusual Line entries. Anyone interested in travelling PKP freight lines is strongly advised to become familiar with the Turkol website as examples in 2018 include trips to Miedzychod [both routes], Czarnkow, Gniezno via Kcynia to Naklo and Brodnica - Rypin – Sierpc [by DMU].
There are also special services via unusual routes run by PKP-PR for the Woodstock Festival Poland (Przystanek Woodstock), the largest Free annual music festival in Europe near Kostrzyn attended by over 600,000 people and usually held in early August. Note these trains require special tickets; normal PKP tickets are not valid and details of the 2018 services appeared only when the Summer PDFs were released.
Standard abbreviations used are explained in General Information. Map references to pages in the "Mały Atlas Linii Kolejowych Polski 2011", ISBN 978-83-931006-3-7, published by Wydawnictwo Eurosprinter, are shown in italics eg R14.
For details of recent and near future route openings and closures, please refer to Poland - General Information.
List of Regions
|South East Timetables 100 - 199||entries starting with 'PLxx/100'|
|South West Timetables 200 - 299||entries starting with 'PLxx/200'|
|North West Timetables 300 - 399||entries starting with 'PLxx/300'|
|North (Central) Timetables 400 - 499||entries starting with 'PLxx/400'|
|North East Timetables 500 - 599||entries starting with 'PLxx/500'|
|Warsaw Area Timetables 600 - 650||entries starting with 'PLxx/600'|
The following sections of line within Poland can be ridden only in the through (corridor) trains of neighbouring administrations:
- (Hagenwerder [Germany] -) frontier - Ręcszyn - (- Krzewina Zgorzelecka -) Trzciniec Zgorzelecki - frontier (- Hirschfelde [Germany]) (36A2): DB table 220. The section between Ręcszyn and Trzciniec Zgorzelecki is traversed only by trains on DB table 220 (Zittau - Görlitz, presently operated by Connex/Lausitzbahn) as PKP trains on table 260 were withdrawn with the 2000/01 timetable.
- (Zittau [Germany] -) frontier - frontier (- Hrádek nad Nisou [Czech Republic]) (36A2): ČD table 089. There are no stations in Poland on this line.
- Głuchołazy - frontier (- Jindřichov ve Slezsku [Czech Republic]) (37A1): Through Krnov – Jesenik trains on ČD table 292 use PKP tracks in and out of Głuchołazy as there is no triangle here and the approximately 13km of PKP tracks east of Głuchołazy are only traversed by ČD services. From 10 December 2006 ČD services call to set down and pick up at Głuchołazy.
Other sparse services
The following lines have few trains (relative to service levels generally in this country) - fewer than three trains each way on at least three days a week - or do not run each weekday.
|123||Jarosław - Horyniec-Zdrój|
|123||Horyniec-Zdrój - Hrebenne (- Zamosc)||May Day Bank Holidays & Summer SSuO only|
|131||Żagorz - Jasło|
|137||Sucha Beskidzka - Żywiec|
|150||Czechowice Dziedzice - Oświęcim|
|203||Nowy Świętów - Głuchołazy Miasto||SSuO|
|215||Opole Glówne – Biskupice Olawskie – Jelcz Laskowice||SSuX|
|235||Nysa - Kamieniec Ząbkowicki||SSuO|
|247||Sędzisław – Kralovec [ČD]||Spring/Summer SSuO only|
|270||Żary - Forst [DB]|
|322||Kępno – Wielun Dąbrowa|
|328||Wolsztyn - Zbąszyń|
|381||Słupsk – Ustka||Summer only|
|382||Mścice – Mielno Koszaliński||Summer only|
|384||Sławno - Darłowo|
|385||Chojnice – Szczecinek|
|390||Golańcz - Wągrowiec|
|410||Toruń Wschodni – Sierpc|
|429||Laskowice Pomorskie – Szlachta|
|431a||Laskowice Pomorskie – Wierzchucin||FSuO|
|440||Chojnice – Kościerzyna|
|451||Łeba - Lębork||Summer only|
|503||Gutkowo - Braniewo [Timetabled only until 31 August 2019]|
|515||Pisz – Ełk|
|520||Szymany Lotnisko - Szczytno|
|530||Kuźnica Białostocka - Grodno [Belarus]|
|537||Suwałki – Šeštokai (LG)||FSSuMO|
|550||Chelm – Jagodin (UŽ)|
|552||Świdnik Miasto - Lublin Airport [Two pairs MTO, more on other days]|
|554||Zamość Wschód – Hrubieszów Miasto|
|556||Zwierzyniec – Stalowa Wola Rozwadów|
|557||Zwierzyniec - Hrebenne||May Day Bank Holiday and Summer only|
|609||Wieliszew – Tłuszcz|
As a further guide, a few lines with four pairs a day in 2019 or which do not run at weekends are listed additionally here:-
- 122 Przemysl Główny - Medyka [Local service and overnight on Standard Gauge]
- 130 Piwinicza - Krynica Zdrój [Four pairs a day plus extra at weekends in Winter]
- 321 Jarocin – Krotoszyn
- 541 Czeremcha - Hajnówka
Deletions since last edition
A few have become more frequent but none have ceased running.