Czech Republic - Tram services over obscure routes
- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Brno: DPMB
- 1.2 Liberec: DPML
- 1.3 Most - Litvinov: DPML
- 1.4 Olomouc: DPMO
- 1.5 Ostrava: DPO
- 1.6 Plzen: PMDP
- 1.7 Praha: DPP
- 1.7.1 Vozovna Střešovice West - Brusnice East
- 1.7.2 Vozovna Střešovice East - Brusnice West
- 1.7.3 Královka - Malovanka via Myslbekova to Brusnice
- 1.7.4 Výtoň South to East
- 1.7.5 Nádraží Braník
- 1.7.6 Sídliště Modřany - Levského
- 1.7.7 Lotyšská - Dejvicka
- 1.7.8 Prašný most - Dejvicka
- 1.7.9 Palmovka North to East
- 1.7.10 Palmovka West to North
- 1.7.11 Nademlejnská - Stary Hloubětín North
- 1.7.12 Střelničná East to North
- 1.7.13 Otakarova North to East
- 1.7.14 Otakarova East to South
- 1.7.15 Horky - Nuselská radnice
- 1.7.16 Anděl South to West
- 1.7.17 I P Pavlova West to South
- 1.7.18 Zvonařka branch and terminus
- 1.7.19 Náměstí Bratří Synků south to east to/from Otakrova
- 1.7.20 Horky - Paloucek
- 1.7.21 Náměstí Bratří Synků "avoider"
- 1.7.22 Náměstí Bratří Synků north to east
- 1.8 See also
Some tram systems advertise their depot workings and enable one to ascertain the regular use by passenger-carrying services of junctions or sections of line that do not otherwise see public service. This occasional series lists such services that have come to notice. While the data for each system is current at the date stated, it is not the intention to endeavour to keep every entry up to date at every service change - the listing serves as a guide for travellers as to the sort of services they can look out for, enabling them to check current published timetable material at their time of travel.
To assist in tracing services, the route and/or timetable number for each journey is shown in parentheses, e.g. (1). Days of operation are in English notation (respectively: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, S) - plus "O" for only, "X" for excepted. Su (Sundays) usually includes public holidays in mainland Europe - but check locally.
Listings for other systems throughout the world - in the same format as shown below (please include date of timetable validity) - will always be welcomed.
Advertised journeys in timetables as at 9 December 2018.
Krásného - Stránská skála smyčka
Route 10. An hourly service apart from every 20 minutes Monday- Friday early mornings and afternoons.
Moravské náměstí East to South
Note this curve is only used in one direction by route 9 starting its city centre circle towards Hlavní nádraží
Nové sady–smyčka loop
Special Rail replacement tram service P6 and all route 10 use this complete loop one stop west of Hlavní nádraží on arriving/departing. The P6 is running approximately every 30 minutes until the December 2019 timetable change whilst the railway service is reduced between Brno Hlavní nádraží and Královo Pole nádraží
Komín smyčka loop
Inbound services terminate at Komín vozovna stop and run out of service onto the large loop but there is a pick up on it as it is approximately half way between the Svratecká and Komín vozovna stops. This loop is only used between 08:57 and 14:47 Daily.
Note unless stated the following TSUL Journeys do not operate during July and August. Timings from on-line stop timetables. There are also a number of large Terminal loops with infrequent use to the in and out stops but no complete circle passenger use and these are not mentioned here.
Hlavní nádraží North to West
Route 8 05:14 SSuX towards Starý Lískovec smyčka plus Summer weekend only vintage route 4 journeys. Note these depart from the stop in Ul. Masarykovo
Mendlovo náměstí East to West
A few advertised Pisárky Depot journeys on routes 5 and 12. These timings are from the last normal line of route stops on Route 5 at Nemocnice u sv Anny at 07:42, 08:29, 17:09, 18:19/29, 19:21/31, 21.11/44 & 22.44 SSuX 19:31, 22.14/29/44 SSuO or on Route 12 at Česká North stop 22:44 SSuX [all year].
None shown going into service on routes 5 or 12 via this curve but is used eastbound by some route 1's terminating at Mendlovo náměstí which reverse using the loop accessed beyond the East junction. These depart Lipova at 21:15, 22:46, 23:01/16 Daily
The previous entry journeys are advertised in service to Vozovna Pisárky as there is a stop on the 180º curve of the Depot Access line very close to but at a higher level than Pisárky tram stop. They leave the normal route some distance after the Lipova stop and continue parallel at ground level to the passing route which drops into a cutting. This is about 300 metres off route in total.
Advertised journeys in timetables as at 1 September and 17 December 2016.
South-west curve and part of depot branch at Rybníček
Depot workings from and to the western (Horni Hanychov) end of routes 2 and 3. Departure times from the Depot Access Road are marked at Rybníček with note T ("departs from stop on Tatranské ulice"); towards the Depot from Nádraží are marked note R ("runs only to Rybníček stop").
1. Westbound departures from Rybníček, Tatranské ulice stop: 04:09 (2) 04:18 (3) 04:38/59 05:54 (2) 06:14 (3) 06:41 (2) 19:43/58 (3) SSuX OR 04:14 (2) 04:32 (3) SSuO
2. Eastbound departures from Nádraží: 00:48 (3) 08:00/29 (2) 18:16 20:01 23:03/18 (3) SSuX OR 20:16 23:03/18 (3) SSuO. It has been noted that these workings, particularly those after 23:00, may run early.
South-east curve and part of depot branch at Rybníček
There are numerous Depot workings inbound from Fügnerova on routes 3, 5 and 11 marked in the timetable with note R ("runs only to Rybníček stop") . While there is a stop of this name before the junction it is possible to travel to the identical stop name on the Depot Access Road used by trams terminating via the south-west curve entries above. This curve was traversed on such a route 11 working in Feb 2017 with normal passengers alighting at the Depot Access Road stop in lieu of the Rybníček stop "proper". Other rote 5 workings were observed with passengers on this curve. The times at Fügnerova are
Route 3: 00:39 08:16 16:58 17:30 18:19 19:07/19 23:03 SSuX 19:48 23:07 SSuO
Route 5: 06:11/26/41/56 07:11/26/41/56 08:11 13:11/26/41/56 & repeat until 19:26, 21:15 22:35 23:13 SSuX 02:45 17:56 21:15 22:35 23:13 SSuO 18:26/41 SO
Route 11: 01:10 17:03/18/33/48 18:03/18 20:03 23:18 SSuX 21:21 SO 23:18 SSuO
Routes 5 and 11 with limited exceptions run beyond Fügnerova to the Depot or Viadukt so what was the previous deleted Connecting Line TSUL entry is the norm, it is the loop that is now rare. There are no advertised workings to/from the depot on/off the loop; it is only scheduled in the anti-clockwise direction with associated curves. Note the curve from the loop towards the Depot is Standard Gauge only.
Westbound departures from Mlýnská inbound to loop:
1. Route 11 in timetable dated 1.9.2016 at 00:13 daily, 01:08 SSuX, 01:13 SSuO 02:13 SSuO, 22:50 Daily
Eastbound in Jablonec direction departing from stop on loop
1. Route 11 at 00:20 Daily, 01:20 SSuO and 23:20 Daily
2. Route 5 in timetable dated 17.12.16 at 02:20 SSuO
Most - Litvinov: DPML
North curve on triangle near Most, zimní stadion
Route 3, from Litvínov, Citadela to Most, nádraží, covers the third north side of the triangle near Most, zimní stadion. This only runs in the early morning of Monday - Friday, possibly associated with shift change at the CHEMOPETROL works. Based on the timetable dated 12.2018;
1. Eastbound departures leave Most Chomutovská SSuX at; 05:23, 05:38, 05:53, 06:08 and 06:23.
2. Westbound departures leave Most, nádraží SSuX at; 05:00, 05:15, 05:30, 05:45, 06:00, 06:15 and 06:30.
North curve on triangle near Most AND two versions long turning circle at Most nadrazi
Route 40, from Most, Dopravní podnik at 23.18 and 03.05 Daily; both trams run through Most to Nadrazi where they call initially in the outer platform before traversing the full outer circuit of the return loop in passenger service before again stopping at the inner platform. They then travel to Litvinov Citadela over the outer side of the north side of the triangle and subsequently return over the inner side of the north side of the triangle. At Nadrazi they again stop at the outer platform but return over the middle line through the middle platform before returning to Most Velebudica through Most. Based on 12.2018 timetable.
As at July 2016 no unusual line use identified
As at July 2016
Kolonie Jeremenko and connecting line to Nadrazi Vitkovice
All Route 6 journeys which operate rush hours only SSuX, and not at all in the Summer school Holidays. In 2016 no service between 3 July and 27 August inclusive
Vystaviste - Elektra
This East to north curve had timetabled journeys on a visit in 2014, but no evidence of continued use in July 2016
Most Mladeze south to west
This appears to be a newish curve and was in use in July 2016 by route 15, a Vysokovice - Debina service
Timetables from 4 January 2020.
The diversion of Route 1 southbound beyond its terminus at Slovany via the normally non-passenger Depot access Line to the terminus of, and then via Route 2 from Svetovar has ended, as has use of the street loop from Sady Pětatřicátníků via U Synagogy to from U Práce as the southern extension of route 4 from Bory to Univerzita opened on 16 December 2019.
Sady Pětatřicátníků south to east
Depot runs on/off the southern end of route 4 and note there are two separate south to east curves near Sady Pětatřicátníků as the route to/from Hlavni nádraží splits into separate streets. Outbound from the Depot timings are not advertised on stops but are found in the journey planner.
- Route 4 from Slovany departing Hlavní pošta at 04:33/50, 05:09, 06:15, 12:49, 13:07 SSuX, 04:24/37/57, 06:57 SSuO
- Route 4 to Slovany departing stop Bory 07:47/59, 08:03/26/31/37/56, 09:07, 16:58, 18:07, 19:50, 20:11, 22:48, 23:47, 00:02 SSuX
As at July 2016 with March/December 2019 additions. PDF's for all stops on each route to check latest information. If this Link does not take you to the list of routes, click on "tramwaje" on the left hand side. If no pre-trip research has been undertaken it is useful to note that each stop at junctions shows fixed arrows against each route indicating which way those trams will take, they are even updated for engineering work diversions, but not of course Depot runs.
Vozovna Střešovice West - Brusnice East
This connecting line has no regular use and has triangles at each end. The line and above combination are used by Historic Route 41 on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays which ran from 19th April to the 17th November 2019. These depart Vozovna Střešovice hourly between 12:02 and 17:02 and from Brusnice East at 13:32 until 17:32. Special tickets only, 35CZK from the Conductor.
Note this service arrives/departs from a loop at the front of Vozovna Střešovice Depot, and terminates at Výstaviště Holešovice where there is a large loop. It is suspected the latter cannot be travelled as Arrivals are at 36 and departures at 00 and it is not possible to travel the loop on normal terminators.
Vozovna Střešovice East - Brusnice West
- The following Route 22 Journeys from Bílá Hora to Vozovna Vokovice have timings up to Brusnice but none for Pražský hrad or Královský letohrádek implying they use the connecting line and opposite combination of curves from Route 91 described above, plus Prašný most - Dejvicka. They depart Pohořelec at 17:52, 18:22, 18:51, 19:55, 20:40, 22:15, 23:25, 23:41 and every 10 minutes until 00:21, 00:36 & 00:51 SuX
Královka - Malovanka via Myslbekova to Brusnice
- Tourist 23 [on which normal tickets are valid] inbound towards Central Prague only is the only route to run via a single track section via Myslbekova. Note Myslbekova on the Doprava Praha tram Map is shown named Hládkov.
Výtoň South to East
- Route 17 from Levského with departures from Podolská vodárna at 19:05, 19:28, 23:32, 23:42, 23:59 and every 10 minutes until 00:39, 00:48, 00:54 SSuX
- Route 3 terminating here uses a ground level loop accessed by a 0.5km line branching off the route to Sídliště Modřany which has a halt of the same name alongside but at a higher level.
Sídliště Modřany - Levského
- All Route 17 [plus Route 3 in SSuX rush hours] from Praha terminate at Sídliště Modřany, but all departures are from Levského which is 0.5km further at the loop exit and out of sight over an incline.
Lotyšská - Dejvicka
- Route 8 journeys from Nádraží Podbaba to Vozovna Vokovice departing Lotyšská at 09:42, 20:09, 00:00, SSuX & 00:20 & 00:40 Daily.
- Route 20 journeys from Nádraží Podbaba to Vozovna Vokovice departing Lotyšská at 09:35, 20:34, 21:20 SSuX, 20:56 SO, 20:26, 00:29 SuO & 23:49, 00:09 Daily.
Prašný most - Dejvicka
- Route 1 journeys from Sídliště Petřiny to Vozovna Vokovice departing Prašný most at 09:50, 19:47, 21:18, 21:41, 22:26 SSuX, 20:21 SSuO, 21:21, 21:36 SO, 20:06 SuO, 01:06 Daily.
- Route 18 journeys from Sídliště Petřiny to Vozovna Vokovice departing Prašný most at 09:56, 20:25, SSuX and 23:37, 23:56, 00:16, 00:36 Daily.
- Route 25 journeys from Vypich to Vozovna Vokovice departing Prašný most at 10:08, 21:41, 21:58 SSuX and 20:40, 21:10, 21:26 Daily.
Palmovka North to East
- Route 10 journeys from Sídliště Ďáblice to Vozovna Hloubětín departing Palmovka North at 19:40, 22:27 SSuX, 21:12 SSuO & 01:04 Daily
Palmovka West to North
- Route 25 journey from Vypich to Vozovna Kobylisy departing Palmovka at 20:15 SSuO
Nademlejnská - Stary Hloubětín North
- Route 25 journey from Vypich to Vozovna Hloubětín departing Nademlejnská 20:36 SSuO. Note Nademlejnská is a request stop so it may be advisable to board earlier to avoid confusion.
Střelničná East to North
- Route 10 journeys from Střelničná to Vozovna Kobylisy at 09:13, 10:13, 18:55, 20:03, 20:17, 20:32, 21:39 SSuX & 22:52, 23:32 SSuO & 23:51, 00:11, 00:31 Daily
Otakarova North to East
- Route 13 arrivals from Černokostelecká use this curve to access the Náměstí Bratří Synků loop
Otakarova East to South
- Route 7 journeys from Černokostelecká to Vozovna Pankrác departing Otakarova East at 20:50, 21:32 SSuX
- Route 24 journeys from Kubánské náměstí to Vozovna Pankrác departing Otakarova East at 20:11, 00:08 SO, 20:23, 22:20 SO
Horky - Nuselská radnice
- Route 11 journeys from the southern terminus to Vozovna Pankrác. In July 2016 the route south of Pod Jezerkou was temporarily closed and at that time they were scheduled from Horky at 00:15, 00:30 Daily
Anděl South to West
- Route 7 journeys from Radlická to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 20:13, 20:33, 20:53, 21:13 SSuX, 20:37 SO, 20:31, 22:13, 22:31 SuO & 00:19 Daily.
- Route 12 journeys from Sídliště Barrandov to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 10:15, 20:37, 22:43 SSuX 23:12 23:14 SO & 23:56, 00:16, 00:36 Daily
- Route 14 journeys from Sídliště Barrandov to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 21:57, 00:11 SSuX, 20:06, 23:06, 23:10 SO & 20:14, 20:47, 21:06, 22:36, 22:56, 23:16, 23:57 SO
- Route 20 journeys from Sídliště Barrandov to Vozovna Motol from Anděl South at 09:48, 20:43, 21:45, 00:29 SSuX, 22:24 SO, 21:31 SuO & 00:06, 00:46 Daily
I P Pavlova West to South
- Entry no longer necessary as in regular use by trams on below entry route 23. Previously only used by Night 56.
Zvonařka branch and terminus
- In Regular use since 25 March 2017 by new "Tourist" route 23 on which normal tickets are valid. This terminus is on a branch of approximately 200 metres length with no loop. Any arrivals terminate in service in dead-end street 1 and reverse out of service into street 2. A traveller in March 2020 advises a pick up stop has been introduced here so trams no longer depart empty to the stop before street 1 and 2 separated.
Náměstí Bratří Synků south to east to/from Otakrova
- Depot runs to/from Vozovna Strasnice, as at November 20:19 at least route 14 departing Náměstí Bratří Synků at 22:47
Horky - Paloucek
- Depot runs to/from Vozovna Pankrác to/from stop Horky. At November 2019 from Horky at least at 22.58, as at March 2019 on [night route] 96 at 0423/54 SSuX, 05:23 SSuX or routes 11 or 14 at 09:48/53, 10:23/38, 18:08/58, 19:59, 20:04, 20:34 SX, 20:41, 21:19 FSSuX, 21:52, 22:04 FSSuX 22:22, 22:26 FSSuX, 00:01 Daily on [night route] route 93, or from Nuselská radnice route 11 or 14 at 03:57, 04:17/28/37/48, 05:07/08/36/45, 06:03/18/38 07:07/11, 14:27/41, 15:07/11, 20:28/58 FSSuX.
Náměstí Bratří Synků "avoider"
- This is the connecting line from south of stop Náměstí Bratří Synků to the triangle east of stop Otakrova. This as at November 2019 was used by all night routes 93 and 96 which call at Otakrova.
Náměstí Bratří Synků north to east
- As at November 2019 was used by all night routes 93 and 96 which call at Otakrova.