Sweden - Tram services over obscure routes
- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Göteborg: GS
- 1.1.1 Järntorget South-west curve
- 1.1.2 Marklandsgatan West curve
- 1.1.3 Brunnsparken South-west curve
- 1.1.4 Centralstationen inner (clockwise) turning circle via stop E
- 1.1.5 Centralstationen outer (anti-clockwise) turning circle via stop F
- 1.1.6 Centralstationen North-east curve
- 1.1.7 Nordstaden - Centralstationen Stop E curve
- 1.1.8 Grönsakstorget South-west curve
- 1.1.9 Korsvägen North-east curve
- 1.1.10 Torp turning loop
- 1.2 Stockholm
- 1.3 See also
- 1.1 Göteborg: GS
Some tram systems advertise their depot workings and enable one to ascertain the regular use by passenger-carrying services of junctions or sections of line that do not otherwise see public service. This occasional series lists such services that have come to notice. While the data for each system is current at the date stated, it is not the intention to endeavour to keep every entry up to date at every service change - the listing serves as a guide for travellers as to the sort of services they can look out for, enabling them to check current published timetable material at their time of travel.
To assist in tracing services, the route and/or timetable number for each journey is shown in parentheses, e.g. (1). Days of operation are in English notation (respectively: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, S) - plus "O" for only, "X" for excepted. Su (Sundays) usually includes public holidays in mainland Europe - but check locally.
Listings for other systems throughout the world - in the same format as shown below (please include date of timetable validity) - will always be welcomed.
Advertised journeys in timetable dated 9 December 2012. Göteborgs Spårvägar timetables can be obtained on-line from Västtrafik - click on the tramway symbol and after that the Search button.
Järntorget South-west curve
- A supplementary route - called X - from Vagnhallen (depot) Majorna to Linnéplatsen in both directions operating Mondays to Fridays in the rush hours between 07:00 and 09:30 (approximately) and between 14:00 and 18:00(approximately)
- Depot workings to Vagnhallen Majorna on route 1:
- 00:14 SSuO, 23:59 FSO, 23:56 FSX Tynnered Opaltorget - Vagnhallen Majorna
- Depot working from or to Vagnhallen Majorna on route 6:
- 05:39 SSuX Vagnhallen Majorna - Kortedala Aprilgatan
- 00:18 SSuX, 00:38 SSuX, 01:12 SSuX, 23:23 FSO, 23:38 FSX, 23:53 FSO, 23:58 FSX Kortedala Aprilgatan - Vagnhallen Majorna
Marklandsgatan West curve
[note: workings use platforms N or O at Marklandsgatan]
- Depot workings to Vagnhallen Majorna on route 1 or 7:
- _____00:25 SSuX, 00:50 SSuX, 01:27 SSuX, 01:53 SSuX, 02:23 SSuX, 03:48 SSuO and every 15 minuts until 04:48, 23:32 FSX 23:36 FSO Tynnered Opaltorget - Vagnhallen Majorna
- Depot workings from vagnhallen Majorna on route 1 or 7:
- _____04:04 SSuX, 04:25 SSuX, 04:40 SSuX, 04:47 SSuX, 05:08 SSuX, 05:30 SSuO Vagnhallen Majorna - Tynnered Opaltorget
- Unadvertised workings Tynnered Opaltorget - Vagnhallen Majorna after evening peak SSuX on routes 1 and 7
- Workings from Högsbotorp Axel Dahlstöms Torg on route 3:
- _____00:07 SSuO and every 20 minutes to 03:27,00:24 SSuX, 01:07 SSuX to Centralstationen
- Workings to Högsbotorp Axel Dahlströms Torg on route 3:
- _____00:04 SSuO, 00:19 SSuO, 23:29 FSX, 23:34 FSO, 23:49 from Kålltorp
- _____00:30 SSuX, 01:00 SSuX, 01:30 SSuX, 00:43 SSuO, 00:53 SSuO. 01:07 SSuO and every 20 minutes to 03:47 from Centraltationen
Brunnsparken South-west curve
- Workings on route 10 from Guldheden Dr. Sydows gata 21:17, 21:47 FSSuX, 23:17 SO, 23:32 SO continuing from Vagnhallen Majorna or the Slottsskogen depot.
Centralstationen inner (clockwise) turning circle via stop E
- 23:57 FSX Marklandsgatan - 00:30 Centralstationen - Högsbotorp Axel Dahlströms Torg (route 3)
- 00:07 SO, 00:24 SSuX Högsbotorp Axel Dahlströms Torg - 00:43/01:00 Centralstationen - Högsbotorp Axel Dahlströms Torg
- 00:07 SuO, 00:27 SSuO and every 20 minutes to 03:27 SSuO Högsbotorp Axel Dahlströms Torp - Centralstationen - Guldheden Dr. Sydows gatan (route 3 continues as route 10 from Centralstationen 33 minutes later)
- 00:02 SSuO, 00:17 SO, 01:10 SSuX, 05:20 SSuX, 05:42 SSuO, 05:59 SSuX, 06:12 SSuO, 06:14 SSuX, 06:30 SSuX, 06:42 SSuO; 07:12 SSuO, 07:42 SSuO, 08:02 SSuO, 08:04 SO, 08:17 SO, 08:19 SuO, 08:37 SO, 08:38 and every 20 minutes to 09:58 SuO, 08:57 SO, 09:15 SO, 09:30 SO, 21:32, 21:59 FSSuX, 22:00 SuO, 22:00 SuO, 22:02 FSO, 22:17 FSO, 22:18 FSX, 22:32 FSO, 22:38 FSX22:47 FSO, 22:58 FSX, 23:02 FSO, 23:17 FO, 23:18 FSX, 22:32 FSO, 22.38 FSX, 23:47 FSO, 23:58 FSX Guldheden Dr. Sydows gatan - Centralstationen - Guldheden Dr. Sydows gatan (route 10)
- 09:41 SO, 09:56 SO Vagnhallen Majorna - Centralstationen - Guldheden Dr. Sydows gata.
- 00:17 SuO, 00:32 SuO, 00:50 SSuO and every 20 minutes to 03:50 SSuO Guldheden Dr. Sydows gatan - Centralstationen - Högsbotorp Axel Dalströms Torg (route 10 continues and route 3 from Centralstationen 17 minutes later)
- Museum Tramways Ringlinjen - Lisebergslinjen - seasonal as advertised (Preliminary dates 2013: Saturdays 27 April - 28 September and 16 November - 21 December; daily 29 Jun - 4 August, see Ringlinjen )
Centralstationen outer (anti-clockwise) turning circle via stop F
- Used by a single working on route 13 from Saltholmen 06:12 arriving at stop F to wait time, continuing onr route 7 from stop B 06:57, running empty between stops F and B (but you could always ask....)
- Some unadvertised depot workings in the morning arriving from Ullevi Södra (the Rantorget depot) to stop F and continuing eastwards from stop B
- Some arriving workings from the east to stop F going off-duty unadvertised to Ullevi Södra (the Rantorget depot)
Centralstationen North-east curve
- This curve is now regularly used in both directions by route 13 SSuX between 07:30 and 18:30 approximately. The service is suspended in the summer season, 2013 between 16 June - 17 Ausgust.
- Workings from Centralstationen stop D on routes 6 or 10: 04:05 SSuS, 04:20 SSuX, 04:34 SSuX, 04:57 SSuO, 05:28 SSuX, 05:42 SSuO, 05:43 SSuX, 06:10 SSuO, 06:41 SSuX, 07:09 SSuX Centralstationen - Länsmansgården Varmfrontsgatan, 10:41 SuO Central station - Biskopsgården Väderilsgatan
- Workings to Centralstationen on routes 5 or 6: 00:17 SSuX, 01:06 SSuX, 01:36 SSuX, 02:06 SSuX, 03:21 SSuO, 03:51 SSuO, 04:05 SSuO, 04:35 SSuO Länsmansgården Varmfrontsgatan - Centralstationen
Nordstaden - Centralstationen Stop E curve
- A single working on route 6 from Länsmansgården Varmfrontsgatan 00:31 SSuX. continues from Centralstationen stop E 00:53 on route 10 to Guldheden Dr. Sydows gata.
Grönsakstorget South-west curve
- Depot workings from Vagnhallen Majorna on route 10: 05:13 SSuX, 05:16 SSuO Vagnhallen Majorna - Guldheden Dr. Sydows gata
- Depot working to Vagnhallen Majorna otn route 10: 00:14 MSSuX Guldheden Dr. Sydows gata - Vagnhallen Majorna
Korsvägen North-east curve
- Depot working from Ullevi norra on route 5: 05.27 SSuX Ullevi norra - Östra Sjukhuset (=Eastern Hospital)
- Some workings on Ringlinjen - Lisebergslinjen (route 12) use this curve in the the direction from Liseberg to Centralstationen before approximately 13:00, seasonal as advertised(Preliminary dates 2013: Saturdays 27 April - 28 September and 16 November - 21 December; daily 29 Jun - 4 August, see Ringlinjen )
Note that workings using this curve do not stop at Korsvägen.
Torp turning loop
- This turning loop is used at night for workings on route 5 arriving from Länsmansgården and returning at 00:55 SSuX,01:25 SSuX, 00:53 SSuO and every 30 minutes to 03:53 SSuO
Most of route 7 tracks are shared with Museum Tram routes 7E/N operating at weekends in Spring and Autumn and daily during the Summer. In 2018 services are weekends from 30 March - 24 June, Tuesday to Sunday from 26 June until 24 August, and weekends from 1 September to 16 December. Timetables can be obtained on-line from Djurgardslinjen
Route 7E/N are the only services that cover the two following pieces of track.
Norrmalmstorg turning loop line
- All 7E or 7N vintage trams are single ended so start/terminate on, and use a 0.5km clockwise loop around different side streets from normal route 7.
Skansen turning circle
- Not all Museum Trams run the full route to Waldemarsudde, those on route 7E terminate short and use this loop with a stop on the turning circle.
- As at December 2019 half of the normal route 7 trams were terminating short at Skansen, it is believed due to a shortage of trams. How long this will continue for is not known.